Business Unit Manager Legal (M/F)
Business Unit Manager Legal (M/F)
The Business Unit Manager Legal works under supervision of the Managing Director and is co-responsible for the legal, corporate and administrative affairs relating to client services in the business unit with a focus on a particular client sector or product. The Business Unit Manager is tasked with meeting the objectives as identified for the particular business unit and manages the budget and KPIs. The Business Unit Manager leads the Corporate Services Legal team in a day to day way manner and motivates employees within the team to continuously meet customers’ expectations, to optimize the work processes and to maintain close contacts with client relations.
Intertrust is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. The Company has more than 3,500 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle-East. Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.
This function is integrity sensitive because the function holder has powers of representation and/or is Compliance Officer. The function holder is thereby directly related and (partly) responsible for integer business operations within Intertrust.
- Provides input to the Managing Director to help constructing an annual team plan and budget
- Supports execution of the team plan
- Takes the role in showing exemplary behaviour in leadership through the Intertrust values
- Meets regularly with staff and motivate them
Legal and Corporate Secretarial services
- Ensures that all transactions performed by the team are fully understood
- Reviews and signs off the drafting of legal and transaction documents
- Ensures proper handling of corporate transactions of clients
- Ensures cooperation with the Accounting team
- Ensures all corporate files are complete and up-to-date
- Manages complex and high value opportunities under supervision of the Managing Director
- Ensures to meet and manage regulatory reporting requirements, such as FATCA, CRS, KYC and MRA
- Ensures the timely organisation and preparation of board meetings
- Ensures that client portfolios are dealt with
- Manages the timely organisation and preparation of board meetings, from start to finish
- Client service oriented
- Prepares and executes the Commercial Business Plan under supervision of the Managing Director and close cooperation with Business Development
- Coaches the team on commercial awareness
- Contributes to product/market development, together with Business Development
- Attends meetings of prospects and intermediaries in order to present Intertrust and its services
- Ensures the legal review of the financial statements
- Ensures the quality of the corporate files is in high standing
- Ensures proper level of Compliance awareness among staff
- Trains, coaches and manages the team in fully complying with the Intertrust client acceptance process and procedures
- Ensures active monitor transaction of the companies under management
- Monitors the process set-up/acceptance of new clients
- Monitors and ensures timely follow up on the AC conditions
- Monitors budget annual compliance reviews and review and sign off on the compliance reviews performed by company lawyer
- Reviews the time writing of the Legal team
- Reviews client invoicing and invoice breakdowns of the Legal team before sign-off by the Managing Director
- Submits own time-writing on a daily basis
- Responsible for timely cash collection of outstanding invoices
- Creating awareness re time writing
- Encourages the Corporate Services Legal team to focus on personal development, outstanding performance and good attitude
- Supports the Managing Director in managing the team capacity and assist in hiring or replacement of staff members in the Legal team
- Organises the annual appraisal, target setting and promotion process for the Corporate Services Legal team
- Identifies development needs in the Corporate Services Legal team
- Jointly represents Intertrust as Managing Director of client entities
- Is expected to take on the role of Director/Manager in the boards of client companies
- University or professional studies in law or equivalent level gained through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning.
- 8-9 years relevant experience in an international Law, Tax or Trust environment.
- Solid knowledge of international tax law, German law and international company law (holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint ventures, liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate transactions);
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional language requirements may apply.
- MS Office
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
What we offer
- A challenging, but very rewarding, role in our growing company
- Continued learning via our Intertrust Academy and ongoing on-the-job knowledge sharing
- A chance to work in a diverse team of experts with entrepreneurial spirits and up and down feedback flows to further strengthen our service and brand in the industry
- Being a player in various fields in financial services globally, Intertrust has various horizontal, vertical and global career opportunities
- A competitive package of salary and benefits