Financial Planning Manager
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner (FBP), that will play a key role in driving our business forward. As the FBP for Intertrust Netherlands, you will have full responsibility for Client Units’ performance measurement.
You are part of the Business Control team (4 FTE) and you report into the Head of Business Control. You proactively advice and challenge both the Client Units as well as the Finance & Control Department on the performance of the Client Units.
To improve the results of the Client Units you perform detailed analyses and support the different Client Units in developing and implementing best practices. On a daily basis, you work together with the Service Line Directors and the Client Units to support them in their decision-making process.
Managing the monthly financial performance measurement activities is part of your role as the FBP, such as reviewing WIP balance, AR ageing, cash collections, FTE productivity, FTE capacity planning, and fixed fee margin and costs control.
Actionable Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Act as business partner to the Service Line Directors and Directors Finance and Directors Legal.
- Challenge the Service Line Directors and Directors Finance and Directors Legal by ensuring an independent view of Client Units quantitative and qualitative performance through adequate analyses, recommendations and monitoring of the execution of the Client Units strategies.
- Create coherence throughout the organization with clear performance management guidelines, risk management and internal control framework and deployment.
- Report financial findings to the Finance Department and Service Line Directors and Directors Finance and Legal to support sound decision-making.
- Deliver accurate actionable financial reports, FTE capacity planning overviews, costs/margin analyses, entity movement and sales performance reports.
- Regular financial analyses, identifies and manages financial risk, analyzes productivity/ billing rates and overall performance of Client Units.
- Ensure corporate risk management and forecasting.
- Support the Client Units in periodic End-Close processes (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Enhance onboarding process.
- Support in and reports on working capital management and cash collections.
- Shares Best Working Practises within Business Control team.
Planning & Control Cycle
- Prepares quarterly forecasts and the annual budget per Client Unit in cooperation with Client Unit Directors and Business Control.
- Challenges the Client Unit(s) for optimal results in monthly Business Reviews.
- Provides financial analysis and actionable reports to the Finance Department and Client Unit Management.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance, preferably master’s in finance/economics.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant work experience (e.g. audit) in trust/financial business.
- Must have analytical skills and in-depth knowledge, or interest to gain in-depth knowledge, in performance management and related reporting.
- Flexible, hands-on and can-do mentality.
- Pragmatic but critical approach, attention to detail and problem-solving mentality.
- Excellent fluency in English, both verbal and in writing.
- Good drafting and planning skills.
What we offer
- Eligible for internal/external finance management / business control training.
- Attending regular Client Units/Client Team performance management meetings.
- Being instrumental to the design and improvement of financial management policies and procedures.
- Developing yourself as sparring partner for Senior Management regarding financial management / business control.
- Being able to act as the single point of contact for all financial related matters of the Client Team.