Regional External Communications Manager
United States of America
As the region’s first dedicated external communications professional, you will be instrumental in building our presence as the business continues to rapidly scale and grow across the Americas, covering; the Bahamas, Brazil, BVI, Canada, Cayman Islands, Curacao and the USA.
As the Regional External Communications Manager you will help shape the region’s external positioning, working closely with the MD and local subject matter experts (SMEs) to source material we can PR and push as bespoke content in order to drive our presence in this core hub. You will do all of this in line with our Marketing & Communications new Global Brand Campaign approach, keeping our efforts streamlined to the activity which will best shift the dial and help the function prove ROI.
As our local external communications expert you will help source PR agency support in region and manage their activities day to day. You will find innovative ways in which to launch our ‘hero content’ campaign material, drawing upon the MD and local SMEs as spokespeople. You will also work with the PR agency to devise a year long calendar of proactive PR Themes.
This is a high visibility role which will work closely with the Head of Americas, local SMEs and influencers in the region.
- Lead the development and delivery of our regional external communications strategy, creating powerful PRable content and promoting our hero thought leadership
- Create and manage the localization of global hero content to produce spin off material and activity for digital and PR promotion.
- Source proactive regional content opportunities and be constantly horizon scanning for interesting topics.
- Manage the Americas PR agency day-to-day, driving and generating opportunities to profile our brand and experts
- Measure PR and content activity in region to input into Marketing & Communications scorecards
- Act as a trusted partner to our Head of Americas and SMEs on all things external comms including pre-briefings, media interactions, in house filmed updates (and related training as required)
- Support ExCo visits by always striving to generate PR and coverage
- Advise stakeholders across the company on new, innovative forms of PR and help shift the focus away from press releases
- Stay aligned to wider external communications activities and focus areas, including those of other regional PR agencies
- Create and maintain a Global PR Calendar all of External Communications can feed into
- Advise on social media content derived from PR Themes and support Head of Americas and SMEs with profile pieces and quick messaging they can use to amplify media wins
- Feed into global External Communications agencies i.e. media monitoring, events placement
- Support on roll out of core External Communications messaging as appropriate
Who you are
- A professional with 5+ years’ experience of working in PR and wider external communications
- You will have proven experience of leading media relations programs for a global organization and achieving results
- You will need the ability to line manage agencies and team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing and proof-reading skills.
- Experience with developing PR strategy and content
- Ability to measure and report on engagement across traditional, digital and social media
- You will be able to influence the actions of the region’s most senior leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good presenter – able to make recommendations with gravitas and inspire confidence from others.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; good project manager.
- Calm under pressure.
- Ability to deal with evolving situations, conflicting agendas and fluctuating priorities.
- Thorough understanding of communication planning and in-depth knowledge of the range and variety of communication channels and processes to ensure that the right communication reaches the right audience.
- Flexibility in approach and able to work with minimal supervision to plan and prioritize own work.
- Stamina, professionalism and integrity.
What we offer
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.Apply for this role