Compliance AML/KYC Officer (M/F)
Compliance AML/KYC Officer (M/F)
As a Compliance AML/KYC Officer, you will be involved in Intertrust’s organisation with the aim of preventing, by all reasonable means, the occurrence of compliance risks (risks relating to legal or regulatory sanctions, financial loss or damage to the reputation of Intertrust) which could result from a failure to comply with applicable laws and regulations or internal rules and standards.
The Compliance AML/KYC Officer will promote efficient and sound business processes and practices, risk-informed decision-making, effective risk mitigation measures, accountability and compliance with laws & regulations applicable to a Professional of the Financial Sector (PSF).
Intertrust is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. The Company has more than 3,500 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle-East. Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.
- Analysis and assessment of the onboarding documents prepared for the local acceptance committee and identification of key risks
- Drafting written compliance advice for, and notes/minutes of, local client acceptance committee meetings
Training and Learning process:
- Delivery of training sessions and/or pro-actively updating training materials and manuals
- Mentoring of new joiners and supporting colleagues as well as the relationship officers/managers
- Regulatory watch - keeping up to date with new regulations, laws, circulars and newsletters, proactively share these updates
- Sharing of new practices and developments in the compliance field, promotion of compliance culture and awareness across Intertrust
- Advise and collaborate with risks owners on identifying, assessing and mitigating risks and control weaknesses
- Provide timely and high-quality compliance and risk advice to the business and functions, and ensure business needs are being met
- Implementation of the Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP) in compliance with tabled targets of the team
- Provision of weekly updates on the progress of File Reviews, CMP to the Compliance Manager.
- Reading and updating of policies and procedures that are out to date or need to be aligned with global ones
- Review and processing of potential matches in Intertrust’s screening database on a regular basis. Escalation of any potential issues or delays in a timely manner
- Manage compliance with privacy and information safeguarding requirements
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a University degree in Finance/Economics/Tax, Law or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar field
- Experience in the Fund industry is a strong asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fluent English, written and spoken. Any additional languages are considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic and a positive and pro-active attitude
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a tactful and diplomatic manner and contribute to a positive working environment
- Ability to demonstrate accountability, ability to adapt to changing circumstances and to quickly establish new priorities
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
What we offer
- A challenging, but very rewarding, role in our Compliance team
- Continued learning via our Intertrust Academy and ongoing on-the-job knowledge sharing
- Being a player in various fields in financial services globally, Intertrust has various horizontal, vertical and global career opportunities
- A competitive package of salary and benefits
Call to action
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please apply directly via the ‘apply now’ button, providing us with your CV and cover letter.Apply for this role