Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Department: DQT, Group Operations
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Using internal frameworks, you will be part of a central team with a responsibility to execute the design and oversee the implementation of detailed process flows and work instructions, as well as capturing and analysing the underlying business rules.
Your role as business analyst will include the support of the implementation of automated work flow processes whilst also being able to identify opportunities to optimise and identify business inefficiencies.
You will work in the Group Operations team, working very closely with, and reporting to, the Business Process Management Team based in Jersey.
- Capture business processes through process and document analysis techniques and process workshops.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of the level to which they can adopt the globally standardised business processes.
- Understand & manage impact of organisational change
- Consistently produce work to a high standard whilst demonstrating impeccable standards of professionalism and integrity in all interactions with others.
- Pragmatic in advice and action.
- Effectively manage client expectations
- Engage relevant stakeholders to establish consensus on viability of solution options to deliver the desired outcomes.
- Keep clients regularly updated on the progress of their issues and aware of anticipated timeframes for completion.
- Anticipate client needs and provides a quality service to meet those needs.
- Maintain a current understanding of Intertrust's position in the market place and the wider community.
- Regularly scan the external environment & conducts competitor analysis.
People & Team
- Ensure team members have technical guidance, support and direction.
- Consult with others in making decisions where appropriate.
- Has cross team, group and jurisdictional awareness.
- Consider and understand the implication of process changes on the business.
- You must be able to be part of the global team and be aware the majority of your interaction with team members will be via collaboration tools.
Skills & Expertise
- 5+ years of Proven experience in a similar role, including business analysis and some project management in financial service organisations
- Previous experience of large organisational change programmes and implementation projects.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills. Being heavily involved in stakeholder management, it is essential that you are able to communicate clearly in order to articulate ideas.
- We require a logical thinker, with great attention to detail and a can-do attitude. You will be able to work within a team or independently.
- You will also have the ability to make clear plans, whist being flexible and adaptable to change
- You should have the ability, or perhaps confidence, to escalate problems/issues when required