Finance Business Partner (M/F)
Finance Business Partner (M/F)
The Finance Business Partner (“FBP”) reports directly to the Senior Finance Manager and functionally to the Segment/Business Unit Directors and works closely with Business Control.
The FBP has full responsibility for the Business Units’ performance measurement. He/ she proactively advises and challenges both the Business Units as well as the Finance Department on the performance of the Business Units.
The FBP performs detailed analyses to improve the financial results of the Business Units and supports in developing and implementing best practices within the different Business Units. On a daily basis, the FBP works with the Segment/Business Unit Directors and the Business Units to support them in their decision-making process.
He/ she manages the monthly financial performance measurement activities, such as reviewing WIP balance, AR ageing, cash collections, FTE productivity, FTE capacity planning, and fixed fee margin and costs control.
Intertrust is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. The Company has more than 3,500 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices.
As Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for a wide range of activities:
Actionable Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Act as business partner to the Segment Director and Business Unit Directors
- Challenge the Segment Director and Business Unit Directors by ensuring an independent view of Business Units’ quantitative and qualitative performance through adequate analyses, recommendations and monitoring of the execution of the Business Units’ strategies.
- Create coherence throughout the organization with clear performance management guidelines, risk management and internal control framework and deployment.
- Report financial findings to the Finance Department and Segment Directors and Business Unit Directors to support sound decision-making.
- Deliver accurate actionable financial reports, FTE capacity planning overviews, costs/margin analyses, entity movement and sales performance reports.
- Complete regular financial analyses (pricing, client profitability, fixed fee recovery), identify and manage financial risk, analyse productivity/billing rates and overall performance of Business Units.
- Ensure corporate risk management and forecasting.
- Support the Client Units in periodic End-Close processes (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Enhance onboarding process.
- Support in and report on working capital management and cash collections.
Budget and Forecast
- Build and maintain the Segment financial model (pricing, inflow per sales level, lead to revenue).
- Prepare rolling/three-month forecasts and the annual budget per Segment in cooperation with Segment Director, Business Unit Directors and Business Control.
- Challenge the Segment for optimal results.
- Provide financial analysis and actionable reports to the Finance Department and Segment Management.
- Introduce best practices to gain efficiencies and improve consistency between the Business Units within the Segment and between Segments.
- Advise and support in the development and implementation of new processes, tools and applications.
- Advise on the basis of generated information from analyses with regard to relevant internal and external developments (for example changes in laws and regulations) and trends.
- If necessary, guide and communicate with multiple levels of internal customers and external vendors.
- Draw up ad-hoc reports requested for analyses.
- Monitor and pro-actively manage working capital.
- Set-up dashboard/enhance provision of management information.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has a Bachelor or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Has 7-10 years of experience in a similar position.
- Cooperates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals, shares information and supports others.
- Makes rational, realistic and sound decisions based on consideration of all facts and alternatives.
- Is proactive and self-starting, seizes opportunities and acts upon them, originates action and actively influences events.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge and expertise in relation to the job, readily absorbs new technical information and keeps up to date in specialist areas.
- Produces written communications which are clear, fluent, concise and readily understood by intended recipients.
- Communicates verbally in a manner which is clear, fluent and to the point, and which holds the audience attention, both in group and one-to-one situations.
- Seeks all possible relevant information for problem-solving and decision-making: consults widely, probes facts, analyses issues from different perspectives.
- Drives projects along, gets results and ensures that key objectives are met
- Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality, sets high standards of performance for self and others.
- Has strong competencies in MS Office applications, and in SAP.
- Is accurate, precise, structured and organized in their work.
- Is fluent in English, fluency in French would be an asset. Any other language would be a plus.
What we offer
- A challenging, but very rewarding, role in our heavily growing teams.
- Continued learning via our Intertrust Academy and ongoing on-the-job knowledge sharing.
- A chance to work in a diverse team of alternative investment fund experts with entrepreneurial spirits and up and down feedback flows to further strengthen our service and brand in the industry.
- Being a player in various fields in financial services globally, Intertrust has various horizontal, vertical and global career opportunities.
- A competitive package of salary and benefits.
Call to action
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please apply directly via the ‘apply now’ button, providing us with your CV and cover letter.Apply for this role