Business Unit Manager Private Wealth Services
Business Manager Private Wealth Services
As a Business Unit Manager Private Wealth Services (BUM PWS) you will manage under supervision of the Business Unit Director (BUD) the Private Wealth Services Business Unit (PWS BU) based in Geneva.
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions
This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed.
That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centered on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
The PWS BU is a specialist team of relationship managers which caters specifically for the needs of wealthy families, family offices and owner-managed businesses. You will work closely with your team to manage a portfolio of private wealth clients covering a variety of foundations, trust and offshore structures. This role requires good attention to detail and someone who is a technical expert with foundations, trusts and offshore structures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
(All the tasks below should be done following Intertrust’s internal procedures / internal policies)
- To ensure the PWS team follows the 24 hours response policy (internally and externally).
- To ensure appropriate organization and welcome of clients during client meetings.
- To ensure timely organization and preparation of client meetings (leadership, location, agenda, meeting pack, minutes…).
- To monitor and ensure clear, efficient and professional communication between team members and third parties.
- To take ownership in maintaining the relationship with existing clients and intermediaries. This should result in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and limit client outflow.
Business Development & Commercial activities:
- To take and lead initiative to get prospects’ and intermediaries’ meetings.
- To reach sales yearly sales target defined with the BUD.
- Together with the BUD and the sales members of the BU to prepare and ensure execution of the Commercial Business Plan and Annual BU Budgets (where applicable).
- To attend meetings of prospects and intermediaries to present Intertrust and its services.
- To participate in business trips for visiting existing clients, intermediaries and new potential clients.
- Manage the planning and activities of the PWS BU.
- Define specific objectives and scope of work to be done and ensure that the services delivered to the clients are in accordance with Intertrust standards.
- Monitor and review the administration of the Foundations, Trusts and offshore client entities.
- Ensure pro-active participation in the cash collection of the outstanding invoices by the PWS team in accordance with the “Accounts Payable Management” process.
- Participate in the annual appraisal, promotions, goal settings and development process of the Legal & Corporate sub-team.
- Be actively involved in the PWS BU team members’ training and coaching.
- To collaborate with the team to manage a portfolio of private wealth clients, covering a variety of trust, foundations and offshore structures.
- To act as a technical expert on client structures, including any regulatory requirements that are applicable.
- To ensure the proper set-up of new Trusts, foundations or offshore client companies or as the case may be the transfer in from another service provider.
- To ensure the proper opening of the bank accounts of the client company.
- To review and sign-off the drafting and/or review of foundation and/ trust administration documents.
- To support the PWS team with answering complex legal & trust matters and queries.
- To ensure the proper maintenance of the master files (completeness, accuracy, updating etc.) of the PWS BU.
- To administer own portfolio of Trusts, foundations and offshore client companies.
- To ensure timely acceptance of clients in accordance with the “Client Acceptance” process and timely periodic review of clients.
- To participate actively in risk management and compliance actions.
- To ensures active transaction monitoring of the companies in the BU in accordance with the “Transaction Monitoring” process.
- Minimum of 9 years relevant experience in a Trust Administration environment.
- STEP membership required.
- University degree or professional studies in Trust Administration or an equivalent level gained through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning.
- Have a broad understanding of the wide range of Fiduciary products offered by Intertrust
- Committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves and their client.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. French is a strong asset.
Call to action
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please apply directly via the ‘apply now’ button, providing us with your CV and cover letter.Apply for this role