Senior Legal Counsel – Head of Capital Markets (bonds and lending arrangements)
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to join our legal and capital markets practice. If you are passionate about bond and loan arrangements and have a strong background also with corporate law matters, plus the drive to work in a dynamic and international environment, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to join our growing team of experts. The position is permanent full-time, and centrally located in Helsinki.
As the Head of our Capital Markets services, you get the opportunity to develop and lead a strong and dedicated team of lawyers in delivering high quality services in our role as noteholders’ representative / bond trustee or security agent, to a broad portfolio of reputable international clients. You will also be engaged with our corporate clients together with the rest of the legal team, in provision of other legal administrative services.
This will be a new role in our office which means that you will be directly involved in shaping the function to your own in close cooperation with the team and the Managing Director. Together, you will be taking part in business development activities and contribute to the development of commercial plans and budgeting. You will also be taking responsibility for business and development objectives of the legal and capital markets team and will together with the team play a key role between clients, their advisors and other relevant parties in provision of our services.
About Intertrust Group
- Intertrust Group (https://www.intertrustgroup.com/) is listed at Euronext Amsterdam, has its headquarters in the Netherlands and offices in over 30 jurisdictions
- Our 4,000 employees across the globe are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administrative services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions
- Our diverse client base includes some of the world’s largest and most reputable corporations
- Our focus is on bespoke corporate, fund, and capital markets services
- We pride ourselves on our friendly and encouraging culture that supports your personal and professional development
What we can offer
In this role you will have
- the opportunity to work with global clients and colleagues, but still have your team close by;
- a dynamic and growing team in Helsinki (please visit our website here and our LinkedIn profiles, to find out more about us);
- business responsibility and the possibility to develop your team and client portfolio;
- the opportunity to do hands-on problem-solving for your client portfolio (both within the capital markets services and within other corporate services); and
- competitive remuneration and employee benefits.
In this role you will be expected to
- lead the delivery of services to our clients in our role as noteholders’ representative / bond trustee / security agent;
- actively grow and develop our capital markets practice with a commercial focus
- drive continuous development and improvement of our services and work processes;
- train, coach and manage team members and encourage personal and professional development within the team;
- take an active part also in provision of other legal administrative services to our corporate clients. As a senior member of our team this may entail also being appointed as a local director at certain client companies;
- manage a diverse portfolio of client relationships; and
- pro-actively coordinate client service delivery and ensure strong working relationships internally and externally.
You are a Finnish qualified lawyer with at least 3-5 years of experience from working with capital markets transactions (bonds/loan arrangements) and corporate law matters. You succeed in this role by engaging and inspiring your team, setting high quality goals and leading by example. Attention to detail, a “client first” attitude and a proactive approach towards problem solving are attributes that you hold and promote, in addition to the necessary legal subject matter competencies. Growth and flexibility are part of who you are, and you value and take pride in the success of the organization as much as in your own or your immediate team’s success. You are also commercially oriented and want to take part in business development and growth of the Helsinki office, backed up by a large and international group and its resources. You are a team player and work fluently in the English language in addition to Finnish.
If the above description inspires you and you think you would be well suited for the role, do submit your application in English, with your salary expectation. Please bear in mind that we are reviewing applications on an on-going basis and will close the process as soon as the right candidate has been found. For queries regarding this position please contact Managing Director Alli Seppänen at +358 45 249 6103.Apply for this role