As a Fund Lawyer at Intertrust you will have the opportunity to be an active contributor of our global team. You will work under supervision of the Business Unit Manager and Director Product Development in the depositary team. The depositary team supervises alternative investment funds (“AIF’s”) in accordance with the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (“AIFMD”). Clients are Fund Managers who primarily operate in the private equity and real estate sector.
As our Fund Lawyer, you will work closely with the Financial Account Manager (FAM) in order to review, analyse, verify and document the activities within the fund to in accordance with the AIFMD, and therefore, with the law and the fund’s terms and conditions. Your typical day will see you working on wide range of diverse and dynamic projects, including:
- Negotiating and closing of the Depositary Service Agreement with new and existing clients;
- Supervise whether the AIF is in compliance with the AFIMD rules and procedures with respect to the different legal fund forms;
- Perform safekeeping duties to review, analyse, verify and document the assets that are owned by the alternative investment fund;
- Keep oversight on all the fund’s activities to analyse, verify and document whether capital calls, contributions, redemptions, investments, divestments, sales, and share purchases are compliant with the law and the rules & procedures as set forth in the fund’s terms and conditions, prospectus and management agreements;
- Assess whether potential prospects can be served by our department or other (international) departments within Intertrust Group under the AIFMD;
- Contribute to legal cross-border matters related to the AIFMD.
Business Continuation and Development
- Responsible for the client acceptance and compliance related tasks;
- Consultation with clients, other foreign Intertrust Fund departments, advisors and other parties involved;
- Collaborate with other FAM’s and Fund Lawyers (FL) on the financial and legal aspects of the AIFMD;
- Providing support in the commercial activities and building/expanding internal and external relationships;
- Responsible for the transfer of knowledge to junior members of the team;
- Contribute to the set-up and continuously update of the internal procedures (i.a. Work Programs) of the department in order to comply with the AIFMD;
Who we are looking for
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a Masters/bachelor’s degree in (Dutch) Law (Corporate, Fiscal, Notary or Private Law is a plus) or HBO Rechten with a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Are (future) leaders/managers who can support, encourage and develop more junior colleagues.
- Knowledge of AIFMD, ISAE 3402, SLA’s and alternative investment funds/structures;
- Team player with a positive critical and pro-active attitude, a strong personality.
- Are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Have proven experience in financial or fund services.