Relationship Manager Depositary Services (M/F)
Relationship Manager Depositary Services (M/F)
The Relationship Manager Depositary Services (RMDS) is the initiator in the depositary team. The depositary team supervises the alternative investment funds and the fund managers in accordance with the AIFM Directive. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of depositary clients - primarily private equity, real estate, infrastructure, and debt funds.
The candidate will need to demonstrate a desire to grow both personally and professionally within the company given the excellent learning and experience platform the role provides. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, intelligent, ambitious team player with strong communication skills who will recognise the opportunities presented by a growing business in a listed company.
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions.
This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed.
That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in
our industry and our talent strategy is centered on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
- Supervise whether the Alternative Investment Funds and the Fund Managers are in compliance with the AIFMD rules and procedures with respect to the different legal fund forms;
- Monitor and reconcile cash that flows in and out of the investment accounts and ward for significances and inconsistencies;
- Perform safekeeping duties to review, analyse, verify and document the assets that are owned by the alternative investment fund;
- Keep oversight on all the fund’s activities to analyse, verify and document whether capital calls, contributions, redemptions, investments, divestments, sales, and share purchases are compliant with the law and the rules & procedures as set forth in the fund’s terms and conditions, prospectus and management, shareholder and/or limited partnership agreements.
Business Continuation and Development
- Consultation with clients, advisors and other parties involved;
- Collaborate with other Relationship Managers and the Manager on the financial and legal aspects of the AIFMD;
- Providing support (to the Manager) in the commercial activities and building/expanding internal and external relationships;
- Responsible for the transfer of knowledge to (more) junior members of the team;
- Implement improvement proposals to improve the organization or the processes of the depositary department;
- Attend meetings of prospects and intermediaries in order to assist and to present Intertrust and its services;
- Assist the Manager in the negotiation of new fees with existing clients.
Developments and Trends
Keep up with movements of competitors, developments and trends as well as client demands in the local and global market, taking into account the current product/service portfolio and (commercial) interests of Intertrust, in order to gain optimal insights in (developments in) the market and identify business development opportunities.
- University or professional degree Business, Economics, Finance or Law;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in the fund industry; experience in a depositary service, fund management or law firm will be considered as an asset;
- Experience and/or affinity with investment strategies and instruments will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience and/or affinity with complex legal and financial issues under the AIFMD both on national and international level;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Other languages are advantageous;
- Balanced planning and organisation of work (client’s, own and for the team);
- Knowledge of AIFMD, ISAE 3402, SLA’s, fund documents, and alternative investment funds/structures;
- Team player with a positive critical, pro-active attitude associated with a strong personality.
What we offer
- A challenging, but very rewarding, role in our growing company
- Continued learning via our Intertrust Academy and ongoing on-the-job knowledge sharing
- A chance to work in a diverse team of experts with entrepreneurial spirits and up and down feedback flows to further strengthen our service and brand in the industry
- Being a player in various fields in financial services globally, Intertrust has various horizontal, vertical and global career opportunities
- A competitive package of salary and benefits
Call to action
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please apply directly via the ‘apply now’ button, providing us with your CV and cover letter.Apply for this role