Senior Financial Account Manager - Fund Admin
Intertrust is a global leader in providing expert administrative services to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. The company has more than 4,000 employees in Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Middle-East
Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored corporate, capital market and private wealth services to it's clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The company works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multi-national corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net-worth individuals and family offices.
Our office was established in Ireland in 2009 and has rapidly grown since then to a team with over 100 professionals engaged in the delivery of a comprehensive range of services which are uniquely tailored to clients requirements. In line with our rapid expansion and growth objectives, we are now looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join our Finance team.
A Fund Accounting Manager will be required to manage the overall NAV calculation process within the guidelines and procedures provided by Intertrust Fund Services Ireland Limited and under the supervision and guidance of the Head of Fund Administration. They will ensure the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations across regulated fund and SPV structures. They will assist in the development of client relationships and will require an understanding of the service requirements for Hedge and Private Equity Fund Administration. Intertrust Fund Services Ireland Limited operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to the team. As such a Fund Accounting Manager should be flexible and willing to adapt.
The successful candidate will be part of a small, active team working under the direction of the Head of Fund Administration.
Their main responsibilities will include:
- Manage client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the Head of Fund Administration to ensure consistency of service.
- Liaise with a range of banks, asset servicers & other third parties so as to ensure complete, timely & accurate processing of transactions.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries and ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Review fund pricing, corporate actions, profit and loss reports and income and expense accruals.
- Prepare monthly or quarterly NAV calculations for funds or SPVs within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Develop and improve NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Review fee calculations and profit and loss allocations for funds.
- Prepare investor capital calls, distributions and statements with assistance from the Transfer Agency team.
- Manage the audit process ensuring timely and successful completion of fund audits including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Liaise with the tax advisors and others in relation to VAT and corporation tax compliance.
- Prepare and file quarterly regulatory returns to Central Bank of Ireland on a timely basis.
- Investigate accounting implications of new products.
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition.
- Participate in development and presentation of NAV team training.
- Resolve exceptional problems and take on special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Transfer Agency, Operations, and the Compliance department.
Required knowledge and experience
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA accountant preferable, as is previous experience working in fund administration
- Strong technical accounting skills, including detailed knowledge and experience in IFRS and US GAAP.
- Experience at either performing an audit or preparing for and answering audit queries is essential.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- IT Literate. Strong systems, product and process knowledge. Knowledge of Advent Geneva or Investran preferable.
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite of applications with advanced Excel skills is an essential requirement.
- The successful candidate should be capable of working on independently, but also work well in a team. Commitment, leadership skills and taking ownership of designated tasks is essential. An enthusiastic, helpful nature and a flexible attitude will contribute to the success of the candidate.