Business Unit Director
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions
This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed.
That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centered on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
What we offer:
The Business Unit Director works under supervision of the Managing Director. The Business Unit Director is responsible for the legal, corporate, financial and administrative affairs relating to client services in the business unit with a focus on a particular client sector or product. The Business Unit Director is tasked with meeting the objectives as identified for the particular business unit and manages the budget and KPIs. While delegating the daily management to the Business Unit Managers, the Business Unit Director is expected to develop and implement a business development strategy and optimize the work processes within the team. The Business Unit Director maintains close contacts with key client relations and motivates employees within the team to continuously meet customers’ expectations.
- Maintains and grows excellent relations with existing clients, intermediaries and relevant colleagues across the board, resulting in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and no client outflow;
- (Proactive) Communicates and coordinates with clients as well as all internal and external parties regarding broad range of issues within client portfolio;
- Manages more complex client issues / commercial requests, new service lines, terms & conditions.
- The Business Unit Director constructs an annual team plan and budget and after approval of MT, ensures execution of the team plan, in line with organisational strategy, in order to contribute to the realisation of organisational objectives;
- Meets regularly with the Business Unit Managers to discuss target/budget realisation and identify (potential) problem areas, discusses possible solutions and encourages and motivates staff;
- Encourages the Business Unit Managers to focus on personal development, outstanding performance and good attitude in their teams;
- Organises and conducts the annual appraisal, target setting and promotion process for the Business Unit Managers, reviews for all team members;
- Identifies development needs, and discusses in close cooperation with the Managing Director and the Human Resources Department, any action to be taken, including providing training, mentoring, feedback and recognition, draft developments plans etc. if relevant;
- Responsible for the team capacity and decides on hiring or replacement of staff members in the business unit;
- Works with other seniors to embed changes within the Intertrust organisation. Pro-actively and in cooperation with colleagues, peers and MT, identifies what changes in processes, procedures and practices are needed to deliver the planned benefits.
- Member of Local Acceptance Committee;
- Is responsible for the periodic review of all client files of own team to ensure ongoing compliance;
- Identifies and discusses operational/commercial barriers in compliance procedures and possibilities for improvement while ensuring ongoing compliance.
- Oversees impact of revenue own teams and portfolio on office results, alerts issues and changes with consequences for team and/or office budget realisation;
- Analyses and explains financial team reports with Business Unit Managers and discusses possible operational/commercial improvements.
- Identifies and pro-actively acts on (cross) sell opportunities and retention risks, alerts to the Business Unit Manager, proposes and executes corrective & commercial action;
- Analyses competitors and relevant (service) developments and trends in markets and in fiscal, legal and financial areas, taking into account the commercial interests of Intertrust, so as to identify and initiate product/service improvement possibilities and signal and report commercial market opportunities;
- Delivers team (annual) sales plan in line with office sales plan and budget;
- Contacts (potential) clients and advisors to acquire new/additional business;
- Is in cooperation with other MT members responsible for policies, procedures & formats, in order to ensure market competitiveness.
Do you have what our clients want?
- Master degree, legal or accounting;
- Up to date relevant international trust market knowledge: market conditions, competitors, client base, products trends and changing legislation;
- Understanding and working knowledge of all specialisms (legal, administrative and accounting) and ability to explain the range of trust activities to a knowledgeable audience;
- Understanding key drivers behind trust activities on commercial & operational success;
- At least 10 years trust experience;
- Experienced Manager, proven successful in coaching, motivating and developing team members;
- Experienced with people management, professional client communication, networking, internal & external stakeholders.
- Master degree in legal;
- Min 5 years of trust experience;
- Experienced with account management, professional client communication;
- Knowledge of Intertrust procedures & policy and consequences for the clients;
- Up to date relevant legal knowledge: trust developments, economic rationale for structuring and current legislation;
- Knows trust business, aware of multiple specialisms and manages impact of his/her accounts on overall business success;
- Understanding of impact of individual accounts on operational success.
Call to action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please apply directly via the ‘apply’ button, providing us with your CV and cover letter.Apply for this role