Head of Internal Control
We are looking for a Head of Internal Control to join our Group Controlling department. In this role you will play a vital role in the strategy and delivery of the organization’s strategic objectives when it comes to internal control. At Intertrust Group, Internal control is a centralized function acting from Group Finance in close cooperation with local offices and HQ departments.
The primary mission in this role is to assure that financial reporting is reliable and that the outcomes are valuable input for the annual Internal Control evaluation and In Control Statement. This is achieved by setting up, implementing and maintaining / improving an Internal Control Framework on Financial Reporting for all Intertrust companies, as well as coordinating and facilitating group-wide workshops, trainings, guidance as well review and support on control issues.
As the Head of Internal Control you will be responsible for:
- Overall ICFR processes within Intertrust Group;
- Defining the Internal Control Strategy, in close cooperation with senior management;
- Design and implement Internal Control Frameworks (incl. role definitions to achieve adequate segregation of duties) and procedures for relevant financial processes. Work in close alignment with global process owners and global process managers;
- Review and monitor the results of control activities within the local offices and HQ and improve control procedures;
- Monitor follow up activities for identified control deficiencies;
- Provide support and guidance to local offices and HQ employees and management on internal control activities;
- Participate in improvement projects and implementation of key financial (global) applications;
- Periodically report over the Internal Control activities to the CFO, Executive Committee and Audit Committee;
- Building up and maintaining strong relationships with regional (finance) management, senior management within Intertrust, other GRC functions (R&C and IA), Audit Committee and external auditor.
- Academic degree on financial auditing (RA or equivalent). Strong accounting knowledge.
- Experience in implementing Internal Controls within (international) organizations. Good understanding of IT General Controls. Experience with process mapping.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the work field of Internal Audit, Risk Management and/or Internal Control.
- Strong analytical skills, especially on process analysis.
- Able to communicate at various levels within the Intertrust organization and in various cultural settings.
- In depth knowledge of Corporate Governance requirements, especially the Dutch Code Corporate Governance and Internal Control Models (e.g. COSO)
- Hands on and pragmatic.
- Integrity and positive critical attitude.
What we offer
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.Apply for this role