Manager - Fund Accounting
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions. This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed. That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centred on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
• Providing guidance and assistance to Senior Financial Accounts Managers and Financial Accounts Managers on the conduct of their responsibilities.
• Co-ordinating and reviewing of accounting deliverables and manage the quality control and review process prior to work being presented to directors, clients and their advisors
• Ensuring that all accounting deliverables are prepared and reviewed within agreed/prescribed timeframes.
• Strong technical knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP, US GAAP and LUX GAAP and being able to perform Technical review of accounting deliverables by the senior fund accountants. This also involves acting as technical consultant for the clients on accounting matters
• Ensuring that all audit liaison work by the Fund Accounting Team are planned in advance and that the audit process is managed efficiently and effectively
• Leading the team in maximising the use of technology and business tools available in servicing the clients
• Daily NAV review and approval for open-ended funds client
• Direct responsibility for the Fund Accounting Team's bookkeeping and accounts preparation function
• Performing regular updates and meetings with the administration and management teams on important aspects client service delivery
• Acting as a principal point of contact for clients on accounting services matters
• Performing regular check-ins with key clients on the quality of accounting services and implementing improvements and action plans if necessary
People & Team
• Ensuring that all team members receive the necessary training, assistance and resource necessary for their roles and responsibilities
• Setting objectives for the Fund Accounting Team in line with that of the Fund Services Department. This also includes tailoring the objectives in accordance with the team member's own strengths and areas for developments
• Ensuring fair and appropriate client portfolio distribution within the Fund Accounting Team
• Conducting appraisals and agreeing developmental actions with team members
• Holding regular one-to-one and team meetings
• Conducting job interviews and managing and driving the recruitment process
• Assisting with the preparation of fee proposals including involvement in presenting to prospective clients. This also involves being involved in client take-on to ensure favourable client experience
• Ensuring any ad-hoc work performed for the client are monitored for possibility of additional fees/billing
• Ensuring accurate time recording by the Fund Accounting Team
• Implementing improvements with regard to the Fund Accounting Team's processes and controls
Skills & Expertise
• Must be committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves and their client
• Strong academic background
• Dynamic, proactive and forward thinking
• Hold a professional accounting qualification (eg ACCA/ACA/CPA)
• Experience in a similar role
• Preference for big 4 background