Senior Financial Account Manager - Real Estate
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions. This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed. That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centred on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
Our experience in establishing and administering real estate structures for joint ventures, funds and long-term asset holding is extensive. Our specialist abilities are particularly effective in administering complex structures owning high value assets.
We manage structures holding assets across many property sectors, including office, retail, industrial, shopping centres, hotels and leisure, residential, development, nursing homes and student accommodation.
• Providing guidance and assistance to Financial Account Managers on the conduct of their responsibilities.
• Co-ordinating and reviewing of accounting deliverables and managing the quality control and review process prior to work being presented to directors, clients and their advisors.
• Ensuring that all accounting deliverables are prepared and reviewed within agreed/prescribed timeframes.
• Strong technical knowledge of IFRS & UK GAAP and being able to perform Technical reviews of accounting deliverables prepared by the Financial Account Managers. This also involves acting as technical consultant for the clients on accounting matters.
• Planning in advance of all Real Estate Accounting Team's audit engagements and ensuring the processes are managed efficiently and effectively.
• Leading the team in maximising the use of technology and business tools available in servicing the clients.
• Direct responsibility for the Real Estate Accounting Team's bookkeeping and accounts preparation function;
• Performing regular update meetings with the administration and management team on important aspects client service delivery.
• Acting as a principal point of contact for Real Estate Accounting Team clients on accounting services matters; as well as providing cover in the absence of the Accounting Team Manager.
• Performing regular check-ins with key clients on the quality of accounting services and implementing improvements and action plans if necessary.
People & Team
• Ensuring that all Real Estate Accounting Team members receive the necessary training, assistance and resource necessary for their roles and responsibilities as the designated team training manager.
• Assisting in setting objectives for the Real Estate Accounting Team in line with that of the Real Estate team and wider firm objectives. This also includes tailoring the objectives in accordance with the team member's own strengths and areas for developments.
• Ensuring fair and appropriate client portfolio distribution within the Real Estate Accounting Team.
• Conducting appraisals and agreeing developmental actions with Real Estate Accounting Team members.
• Holding regular one-to-one and team meetings.
• Conducting job interviews and managing and driving the recruitment process.
• Providing guidance to new team joiners and ensuring that they settle in well.
• Conduction interim and final probation meetings.
• Providing cover during the absence of the Accounting Team Manager.
• Assisting with the preparation of fee proposals including involvement in presenting to prospective clients. This also involves being involved in client take-on to ensure favourable client experience.
• Ensuring any ad-hoc work performed for the clients is monitored for possibility of additional fees/billing.
• Ensuring accurate time recording by the Real Estate Accounting Team
• Implementing improvements with regard to the Real Estate Accounting Team processes and controls.
Skills & Expertise
• Must be committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves and their client
• Strong academic background
• Dynamic, proactive and forward thinking
• Hold a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA/ACA/CPA)
• Experience in a similar role
• Preference for big 4 background
What we offer
• A challenging but very rewarding role
• Continued learning
• A chance to work in a diverse team of experts with entrepreneurial spirits
• A competitive package of salary and benefits
Please note this is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to perform additional reasonable
duties within this role.