Are you an enthusiastic and quality driven finance professional who is able and eager to support in enhancing the accounting processes? We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our Accounting & Internal Control team in Amsterdam.
As Financial Controller at Intertrust Group you have full responsibility and ownership for the company’s reporting and financial control process. In this role you report directly to the Manager Finance & Internal Control and will have, together with 2 colleagues, Two Accounts Payable colleagues reporting to you.
You are responsible for timely handling a variety of requests relating the general ledger. Besides the daily routines, there is a strong focus on improving/automating processes. You enjoy paying attention to details and assuring every piece of information is correct. Since you will be a contact person of finance and liaise with many employees throughout the business, it’s important to have strong communication skills. You know how to structure and prioritize your work according to deadlines.
The main tasks & responsibilities of the role are focused around reporting, tax and internal control, which includes:
- Guide & communicate with multiple levels of internal customers and external vendors.
- Monthly reporting, including review of the P&L and Balance Sheet, analysis of fluctuations compared to forecast and support in reporting to Group Finance.
- Manage the external/internal audit processes by gathering and help preparing all supporting documentation requested.
- (Co-) responsible for the preparation of the annual accounts and the management of underlying processes for Intertrust Netherlands and its subsidiaries.
- (Co-) responsible for the consolidation and elimination of the intercompany positions in the financial statements.
- (Co-) responsible for the coordination of the various administrations (balance sheet items and profit and loss accounts).
- Support in periodic End Close process (Month, Quarter & Year).
- Review proper allocation of costs to the various cost centers and monitors the actual performance against budget/forecast.
- Support specific Finance functional improvement projects, one of which is the setup of a new project cost controlling.
- Support in preparing tax returns (VAT and CIT) for Intertrust Netherlands wide together with the Tax department.
- Advise on the basis of generated information from internal and external developments (for example changes in legislation and regulations) and trends in relevant tax issues for Intertrust Netherlands.
- Document execution of controls of the Internal Control framework concerning the financial administration.
- Advise and support in the development and implementation of new Internal Control measures and testing existing internal controls.
- Advise with regards to relevant internal and external developments (for example changes in laws and regulations) and trends.
Who you are
- WO thinking and working level;
- Relevant education and expertise in accounting and tax matters;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience including having direct reports;
- Good knowledge of Internal Controls;
- MS office with excellent Excel skills;
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. VAT & Basic IFRS knowledge)
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English & Dutch;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills;
- SAP knowledge is an advantage.
What we offer
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.Apply for this role