Senior Payroll Specialist
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our HR department in our headquarters in Amsterdam. You will work in a dynamic environment and be part of our Global HR Operations team consisting of 8 colleagues. It concerns a position for 24 hours a week.
As Senior Payroll Specialist at Intertrust, your main responsibility is to coordinate and monitor the entire internal payroll processing and to manage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and third parties (e.g. tax office, payroll vendor) to ensure accurate, compliant and timely processed payroll. You will ensure the correct and timely settlement of the Dutch payroll for more than 600 employees of 3 different legal entities.
- Plan, provide and control accurate salary information to our external payroll processors;
- Process all administrations regarding salaries for tax purposes; inputs salary information regarding social security issues;
- Review the payroll output information returned by the external payroll vendor. The payroll specialist ensures that all changes to payroll are processed correctly by the vendor;
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly payroll payments -including payments of other benefits and other third-party required wage deductions;
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities for the payroll assigned by responding to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters;
- Advice and support on and ensure compliance with relevant Dutch legislation, company policy and SOX requirements;
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors;
- Participate in projects to continuously review and improve processes related to payroll/HR;
- Keep up-to -date and gather information on any changes and development in tax legislation, social securities or any other changes that may influence the payroll process and inform other departments when necessary;
- Support on year-end activities
Who you are
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as be a strong contributor. Interpersonal skills, good communication and the proven ability to work accurately with tight deadlines and a strong focus on results are a must. Next to this:
- You have a Degree in Finance/Accounting, supplemented with PDL or VPS education;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a Dutch payroll;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills of both the Dutch and English language;
- You have experience with payroll migrations;
- Sound knowledge of Dutch tax, social and labor laws and regulations;
- Accurate, analytical and well organized and able to deal with deadlines;
- Flexible, willing to roll up your sleeves, operational / executive;
- You are keen on process optimization. You take a critical look at existing processes; identify bottlenecks and you want to continuously improve them;
- Experience with Workday and YouForce from Visma / Raet is desired;
- Sound knowledge of Excel.
What we offer
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please apply directly via our career page with your CV and optional Cover Letter. For more information about this position, please contact Melissa Frens via firstname.lastname@example.org.