The Legal Secretary will work directly with the Executive Legal Assistant to build and maintain strong relationships by providing executive level, confidential secretarial and administrative support to the fee earners of the Intertrust Law team.
- Drafting and managing administration forms for internal and external use.
- Drafting precedent documents liaising with lawyers to keep them up to date.
- Drafting general correspondence, documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations using advanced levels of Word, Excel and PowerPoint in alignment with Intertrust Law house styles.
- Liaise with clients, auditors, onshore and offshore law firms, investment managers, third parties and colleagues as instructed and in accordance with Intertrust Law policies.
- Action and manage all audit confirmation requests and draft the final audit confirmation letter for approval and execution by the Managing Director.
- Provide Secretarial support to billing timekeepers of Intertrust Law.
- Record and manage time entries of the billing timekeeprs as required.
- Provide the billing timekeepers with updated reports of current work in progress, accounts receivable, accounts billable and write offs regularly and manages entries and billing through the use of Elite.
- Assist with government filings through the use of REEFS and directly with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority.
- Assist with efilings through the Judicial Administration portal.
- Assist with Court Searches and CORIS reports and searches.
- Assist with Economic Substance filings through the DITC portal.
- Organise and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information. Maintain the electronic filing system to ensure filing is completed and up to date
- Respond to and field internal/external telephone and email enquiries, ensuring a 100% response rate in a professional manner
- File management, copy type, photocopy, fax, scan and email documents and correspondence, arranging couriers when required
- Organise and maintain diaries, arrange meetings and conference calls across time zones
- Create and distribute board packs in an accurate and timely manner, prepare board minutes and action meeting points
- take comprehensive and accurate minutes of meetings, update action points and transcribe into relevant format
- Source and collate departmental reports for monthly board meetings
- Organise company-wide meetings including monthly all staff meetings and coffee mornings
- Arrange regulatory filings for Intertrust Law and assist with the administration of the integration process, in the event of company acquisition
- Complete timesheets, prepare and amend annual/ ad-hoc invoices, liaise directly with clients to ensure payment
- Complete and submit file reviews in a timely manner
- Ensure Director proxies are up to date to ensure seamless delivery of service during Director absence
- Update the Risk and Compliance Teams on changes to client circumstances and services received from Intertrust Law.
- Arrange accommodation and transportation for senior leadership visitors from within Intertrust Law.
- Provide certified and notarised copies of passports, proof of addresses & other documentation needed in regard to client matters
- Promote a culture focused on the impeccable delivery of service and positive internal and cross jurisdictional relationships
- Liaise with business development regarding notifications, press releases and updates to policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain business development monitoring tools on a weekly basis. This includes reporting on BD meetings/business trips, the circulation of business plans to senior management.
- Arrange complex international travel itineraries and client meeting packs, including the preparation of routes and maps for meeting appointments for use during business trips.
- The update of client contact information and meeting notes within InterAction in conjunction with the marketing department.
- Prepare and arrange execution of expense claims.
Do you have what our clients want?
- Graduate degree and/or 5+ Years of legal support.
- At least 5+ years’ experience providing legal support to senior level partners and associates
- Extensive experience in providing high level, confidential and administrative support to billing timekeepers as required
- Previous experience working in a Law Firm.
- Experience in successfully communicating with client both internally, externally and across jurisdictions.
- Proven experience in managing a complex and demanding workload, prioritising tasks/projects to meet work standards.
- Awareness of industry best practices.
- Experience in audio and copy typing with a typing speed of not less than 70 wpm.
- Experience in successfully assisting clients to ensure client satisfaction.
- Experience in successfully working as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting.
Computer knowledge required;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Elite WebView.
- Previous experience using InTapp and FileSite or similar systems.
- Advanced knowledge of the REEFS system.
- Experience working with the CORIS system and the Judicial Administration efiling platform.
- Prior experience with DITC online filings
Call to action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
If this position interests you, please apply directly via the ‘apply’ button., providing us with your CV and cover letter.Apply for this role