Purpose of the role
We seek to hire a Product Control Specialist to join the Fund Operation, Mumbai team. This person will have a variety of responsibilities within the Hedge Fund Operations group.
The role will gradually evolve from a supporting role to being responsible for the preparation of daily,monthly,quarterly,annual PnL & valuation reports for all investors on multiple asset classes The role requires strong analytical and Excel skills. The successful candidate will be expected to work on products such as TRS,IRS,CDS,Repo’s,Forwards&Fx
Responsibility / Knowledge / Requirements:
• Produce daily (T-0) desk PL including commentaries, investigate Flash/Formal differences
• Review daily / Monthly and Yearly P&L
• Gain in-depth understanding of provisioning and Independent price testing controls and processes, and perform detailed review of the working files
• Perform detailed review of month end adjustments
• Liaise with valuation expert on modelling appropriateness and other technical/booking is
• Review P&L attributions and prepare commentaries and other MI
• Ensure the maintenance of a strong internal control environment
• A candidate should demonstrate strong conceptual knowledge around the capital market products (Exchange traded vs OTC)
• Good understanding on products valuations
• Hands on knowledge & experience in all the 5 Asset class supporting OTC Derivative products on both Buy/Sell Side
• Exposure in systems like Enfusion, Eagle,Advent etc..
• High level of numeracy and literacy, attention to detail and well developed analytical skills
• Being a SME, handling critical client queries with regards to derivative pricing and valuation
• Implementation of new products within the portfolio
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate across multiple regions.
• Preferred CFA Fresher's , FRM or Masters in Finance & Accounting.
• Experience level - 1 to 3 years with derivative trading exposure
• Experience in working across country lines and operating in a global, multinational organization, ideally in a matrix structure.
• Demonstrable accomplishments relating to organizational change activities in a fast-paced environment.
• Willing to work in global shifts (UK/US)
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
• Strong problem-solving skills.Apply for this role