Assistant Vice President, AML Reporting & Compliance
United States of America
Work closely with the business by fulfilling the duties of an MLRO in line with Cayman Islands legislation for client entities engaging our AML Reporting & Compliance Services. Responsible for the review and update of internal reporting procedures, coupled with liaison with external authorities.
- Serve as MLRO to client entities, as prescribed by Cayman Islands legislation
- Point of contact for clients, authorities and stakeholders with responsibility for servicing requests for information by authorities
- Create and prepare internal procedures for suspicious activities in conjunction with the Director, Risk Management & Compliance in Cayman updating as necessary in line with Cayman Islands laws and regulations
- Ensure staff and third party providers are updated on changes to procedures
- Ensure prompt investigation and where necessary escalation of SAR’s to the Financial Reporting Authority
- Prepare regular reports and attend meetings on MLRO receipt and activity in line with legislation and regulation
- Collaborate with and update the Business Unit Director on day-to-day operations
- Assist with execution of the budget by supporting client intake, productivity and ensuring client satisfaction
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with clients, authorities and stakeholders
- Support the Business Unit Director with client intake and business development
- Assist the Business Unit Director with ad hoc projects or reporting
Do you have what our team needs?
- University degree or equivalent with an internationally recognized professional qualification such as ACAMS or ICA
- At least 8 years’ of experience including 3 years’ within the compliance field and 5 years’ financial services industry experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of compliance reporting principles, corporate governance, AML Regulations and best practices with the ability to maintain awareness of local and international issues impacting the industry
- Experience of reviewing and analyzing data with strong attention to detail
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with ViewPoint, World Check and Laserfiche
Call to action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
If this position and our diverse company culture appeal to you, please use the ‘apply’ button, providing us with your resume and cover letter.Apply for this role