Financial Planning Manager
We are looking for a Financial Planning Manager to join our Business Planning & Control team (5FTE) in Amsterdam. As the Financial Planning Manager you will have full responsibility for the planning & control cycle, in which you proactively advice and challenge Senior Management as well as the Finance & Control Department on the performance of the company.
The Financial Planning Manager reports directly into the Head of Business Planning & Control and will be instrumental to the design and improvement of the financial management policies and procedures. You will be able to develop yourself as sparring partner to Senior Management with regards to financial management and business control.
To improve the results of Intertrust Group (primarily for The Netherlands and another smaller jurisdiction) you perform detailed (ad hoc) analysis, work together with Finance Business Partners and support management, the country MD’s and the Client Units in developing and implementing best practices.
In this role you report on the monthly financial performance measurement activities, such as reviewing P&L, working capital, FTE productivity and capacity planning, fixed fee margin and costs control, and providing actionable reports from the review. Next to this, you will attend regular performance management meetings.
- Manage and support the Budgeting and Forecasting cycle;
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators, including all areas of revenues, expenses, clients, working capital and cash flow;
- Monitor and report on key performance indications, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance;
- Oversee, develop and manage the Budget, Forecast and 3YR Plan cycle and tools;
- (ad-hoc) Group and local financial reporting and analysis;
- Implement and work with Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboards (PowerBI);
- Improve performance by evaluating processes and drive efficiency;
- Develop financial (planning) models, analytics and analysis to support strategic initiatives;
- Support (senior) management team and client units with in-depth analysis;
- Prepare monthly/ad hoc presentations to (senior) management, Executive Committee, and Supervisory Board;
- Implement best working practises across and work together with other Intertrust Group Western Europe jurisdictions.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Finance/Economics, preferably postgraduate (RA, RC)
- Minimum of 6-10 years of relevant work experience in FP&A or business control
- Must have analytical skills and in-depth knowledge, or interest to gain in-depth knowledge, in performance management and related reporting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, and preferably with PowerBI skills.
- You are pro-active, flexible, hands-on and have a can-do mentality.
- You have a pragmatic but critical approach, attention to detail and problem-solving mentality.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English and Dutch.
- Good report drafting and planning skills.
- Last but not least, you are eager and interested in a career where you can develop and grow.
What we offer
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.Apply for this role