Assistant Manager - Compliance - Fixed term contract
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions. This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed. That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centred on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
Intertrust's Compliance team oversees Intertrust Jersey's obligations to comply with regulatory and Group requirements. The Assistant Manager role will provide support to the team, both for business as usual activities and specific projects and covering all aspects of compliance from support for compliance monitoring, regulatory advice, reporting obligations and anti-money laundering. The role will primarily support: management of the 2021 Risk & Compliance Monitoring Programme (RCMP); Incident Management reporting, the maintenance of registers; collation and analysis of information for compliance reports;; and any other duties that will assist the running and objectives of the Compliance Monitoring & Reporting Team as required..
Previous relevant experience is required, ideally working in a compliance or oversight function for a Jersey regulated financial services business. Experience of Compliance Monitoring or a similar discipline is desirable but not essential.
• Experience of scoping, testing and reporting within a Compliance Monitoring Programme or equivalent discipline such as audit would be advantageous
• To support the Compliance Managers and the Director, Risk & Compliance, Jersey in the provision of risk, compliance and regulatory advice and guidance to the Intertrust Jersey business in line with group policies and procedures and regulatory requirements, such support to include the following, each as required from time to time:
– assistance in the production of compliance reporting to relevant stakeholders, management of internal compliance metrics and registers, oversight of visits by stakeholders including obliged persons, internal and external audit and the JFSC, and input into internal projects;
– assistance in overseeing the effectiveness of all AML/CFT systems, compliance with applicable AML/CFT legislation and the day-to-day operation of the AML/CFT policies and procedures. In addition, the role will be required to develop and maintain systems and controls (including documented policies and procedures) in line with evolving requirements; and
– the delivery of advice and guidance to the Intertrust Jersey business and service lines and, in particular, the compliance review and reporting as neccessary of incidents recorded on the central Incident Management Register
• An understanding of the scope and importance of compliance, financial crimes and sanctions in a fiduciary business
• Ensure all allocated tasks are proactively managed to resolution
• Be an expert in the allocated field of responsibility, being able to provide advice and technical input as required to both fee earners and operations staff
• Contribute to the CDD/onboarding processes as required, including the participation in controls in the processing of CDD and onboarding material
• Deliver departmental projects to quality standards, deadlines and costs
• Attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritise work. Good organisational skills.
• Communicate openly and honestly with the business on a regular basis.
• Know your own limitations and ask for advice and assistance as appropriate.
• Act with integrity at all times.
People & Team
• Provide assistance and support to the Compliance Team as and when required.
• Take care of and establish good relationships with all internal stakeholders
Skills & Expertise
• Good time management and ability to work under pressure.
• Effective communicator.
• Must be able to use own initiative and be open minded.
• Experience working within a compliance function is essential