In-House Legal Counsel - 12 month FTC
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions. This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed. That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centered on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
The in-house Counsel will work with and advise the management team through the provision of an in-house counsel support and corporate secretarial service to the organisation.
• In conjunction with Intertrust Group’s legal team, review, advise upon and negotiate terms of contracts between Intertrust and third party suppliers of goods and services, including contracts relating to insurance, IT, employment, office consumables and consultancy services
• Review and advise upon terms of contracts between Intertrust and its clients, including administration agreements, service level agreements, letters of engagement and Intertrusts published terms and conditions
• Renewal of all regulatory registrations and the filing of statutory returns
• Renewal of data protection registrations, review of the current data protection policy for the Intertrust and the establishment and maintenance of data protection policies and procedures
• Collate and propose agenda items for and organise, attend and provide advisory services at Intertrust Jersey companies’ board meetings
• Prepare company minutes and ensure any decisions reached are given effect
• Submission of annual accounts of Intertrust Jersey companies to the relevant registrars and regulators
• Compilation and submission of regulatory filings for key personnel within the Intertrust Group
• Safekeeping of trustee and Intertrust Group company minutes
• Maintenance and management of authorised signatory lists
• Manage the appointment and resignation of directors of Intertrust Group companies
• Set up new Intertrust Group companies
• Management of projects focussed on company secretarial issues
• Deal with general enquiries concerning Intertrust Group companies
• Contribute to the process by which legislative and regulatory change that impacts on the Intertrust Group’s activities is identified, explained and complied with
• Contribute to the content of the Intertrust Group’s formal responses to consultation papers issued by regulators or other competent authorities
• Manage the relationship between Intertrust and third party legal advisers where appropriate as well as Head Office Legal resources.
Skills & Expertise
• Qualified lawyer who demonstrates strong technical ability
• Experience in providing legal advice to give commercial, value adding insight and guidance
• Company secretarial experience
• Considers organisation-wide implications when making decisions
• Achieves agreed outputs or results within the determined quality standards
• Understands and demonstrates management and financial accounting principles
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Client focused
• Professional credibility
• Attention to detail
• Commercial and pragmatic
What we offer
• A challenging, but very rewarding role which will allow you to help Senior Management shape the direction of the business through your legal insights
• Continued learning
• A chance to work in a diverse team of experts with entrepreneurial spirits
• A competitive package of salary