Director Compliance & Risk
Department: Global Governance, Risk & Compliance
Vacancy Type: Permanent
As Director Compliance & Risk at Intertrust Netherlands you will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with some of the best minds in trust and corporate management services. You will become the pillar of a professional environment. You will play a key role in the Dutch office and will be member of the local Management Team and Global GRC Management Team.
In this role we are looking for a strong leader with excellent people management skills, able to further build the technical expertise across the lines of defense and managing stakeholders. The team you will be leading exists of a diverse group of +10 compliance professionals. You will report into the Chief Risk Officer.
- Managing a team of compliance and risk professionals;
- Appropriately and pro-actively identifying, evaluating, investigating and resolving compliance & risk issues/concerns;
- Applying Intertrust’s group and local compliance & risk standards in a consistent and aligned manner;
- Providing timely and high quality compliance and risk advice and risk decision making where appropriate to the business and functions, and ensuring business needs are being met;
- Ensuring the compliance & risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and strategic objectives;
- Working in close co-operation with the Group Chief Risk Officer to roll out the regional Risk framework and Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP) and ensuring appropriate reporting;
- Highlighting relevant (compliance) risk signals for The Netherlands;
- Maintaining/ developing/ enhancing communication with other (advisory) units in particular Control, IT Security Data Protection, Legal, Human Resources and Internal Audit;
- Steering the acceptance process of new clients and prospects in close cooperation with the business functions;
- Member of the Global GRC MT;
- Furthermore, you will be:
- Training and informing local colleagues on compliance and risk topics;
- Driving compliance and risk improvements in the Netherlands;
- Helping local / regional / global colleagues by answering risk & compliance related questions and responding to requests;
- Supporting the business by advising and risk decision making where relevant on new product & services development, client acceptance procedures and organizational changes;
- Involved in new projects and new activities in order to timely assess and address the (compliance) risks associated with the project/activity;
- A valued member of the Dutch MT.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Excellent command of verbal and written English;
- Strong experience in building capability in the team and a strong track record of building technical capability across the lines of defense;
- Good knowledge of risk management methodology;
- Good knowledge of internal audit and control methodologies;
- Good knowledge of applicable laws and regulations;
- Experience in conducting internal and external investigations;
- Experience in supporting management teams;
- Leadership and solutions driven;
- Has excellent organizational skills and is able to work under pressure;
- Has an ability to manage work and prioritize effectively;
- Possesses a strong (internal) customer service orientation;
- Is actively engaged and committed to the collective work of the team, offering assistance and information to ensure team goals are met.
About Intertrust Group
Intertrust Group is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. We have over 4,000 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle-East. Together as a team we deliver high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to our clients, with a view to building long-term relationships.
What we offer you
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.Apply for this role