Functional Application Manager SAP
Department: Global IT
Vacancy Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Functional Application Manager to join our Global IT department in Amsterdam. As Functional Application Manager you are responsible for effective functional support of a specific core application which enables key business functions for Intertrust Group.
As the Functional Application Manager you will partner with Head of Finance Systems & Processes, business as well as with Group IT to identify, evaluate and develop solutions which are cost-effective while also meeting user requirements. The four core areas you will focus on are:
- Assistance with implementation (where needed)
- Training and support of key users (super users)
- Manage required enhancements & functional configuration
- Operational readiness of enhancements and system development
In this position you will have to opportunity to progress quickly in a very dynamic and international environment. To be successful, you are a self-starter, have a strong functional background and business experience in the specific application.
- Collaborate with Group IT, Business Processes Management and other teams within Group Operations as well as local Operations /Finance to review and support recommendations for functional design;
- Develop and refine the knowledge required to design, test, manage and improve the application;
- Functional Implementation/optimization of the application;
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements;
- Act as main contact person for functional questions;
- Recognize problems, develop recommendations, solutions and oversee correction within assign specialty;
- Part of all discussions which could impact applications whenever any upstream/downstream changes happens;
- Provide updates on key changes relevant to future SAP roll-outs and/or upgrades;
- Support user community (and Group IT) with future rollouts (functional testing and implementation);
- Guarantee after go-live that procedures remain usable and consistent in real live situation;
- Provide comprehensive business consultations to IT management and staff members at all phases of application programming and processes (both waterfall & Agile model);
- Assist in drafting relevant global & local procedures & processes.
- At least 3 years relevant business experience and specific SAP/4 HANA experience;
- Preferably experience with the public Cloud solution;
- Experience with SAC or similar BI tooling;
- Experience with user management & profile management;
- Experience with SAP integrations with SAP partner tools;
- Deep business knowledge and good understanding of the functional end of the application;
- Relevant business knowledge in Corporate Services/Finance industry is an advantage;
- Ability to work in a team environment and collate feedback from all levels within the business;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment;
- Process management knowledge and skills;
- Sufficient technical skills for understanding the development, implementation and support of business solutions or willingness to learn via mentoring / courses;
- Strong personality and the ability to interact with all stakeholders to get things done;
- Pro-active, professional approach to take ownership of tasks and opportunities;
- Must have ability to switch priorities and reset expectations for deliverables;
- Good ability to work with MS Office;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
About Intertrust Group
Intertrust Group is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. We have over 4,000 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle-East. Together as a team we deliver high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to our clients, with a view to building long-term relationships.
What we offer you
Apply for this role
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.