Assistant Manager - Risk and Compliance
Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions. This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed. That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centered on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
The Assistant Manager role will provide advice and guidance to Jersey employees on regulatory risk and subjects upon request .The role will also primarily deliver Compliance advice to Service Line Directors’ (SLD’s), the Jersey client Acceptance Committee (AC) and as the Global Business Acceptance Committee (GBAC).
- The ability to deliver clear, consistent and prompt advice and guidance both in written and oral form.
- Have a good level of technical knowledge of Jersey regulation and law
- Be an expert in the allocated field of responsibility, being able to provide advice and technical input as required
- An understanding of the scope and importance of compliance, financial crimes and sanctions in a fiduciary business
- To be aware of and interpretate new regulatory developments and group policy
- To act promptly where regulatory exposure to Intertrust is identified
- Be able to develop and deliver training to the business where needed
- Deliver departmental projects to quality standards, deadlines and costs
- Produce M.I detailing statistical analysis of advice and guidance given
- Provide assistance in the production of compliance reporting to relevant stakeholders, management of internal compliance metrics and registers, oversight of visits by stakeholders including obliged persons, internal and external audit and the JFSC, and input into internal projects
- Contribute in overseeing the effectiveness of all AML/CFT systems, compliance with applicable AML/CFT legislation and the day-to-day operation of the AML/CFT policies and procedures. In addition, the role will be required to develop and maintain systems and controls (including documented policies and procedures) in line with evolving requirements; and
- Previous relevant experience is required, ideally working in a compliance or oversight function for a Jersey regulated financial services business.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritise work. Good organisational skills.
- Communicate openly and honestly with the business on a regular basis.
- Ensure all advice and guidence delivered is auditable and recorded
- Know your own limitations and ask for advice and assistance as appropriate.
- Act with integrity at all times
People & Team
- Provide assistance and support to the Compliance Team as and when required.
- Take care of and establish good relationships with all internal stakeholders
Skills & Expertise
- A good level of Jersey regulation and law
- Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Effective communicator.
- Must be able to use own initiative and be open minded.
- Experience working within a compliance function is essential
- Good time management and ability to work under pressure