Our 4,000 employees are dedicated to providing world-leading, specialized administration services to clients in over 30 jurisdictions. This is amplified by the support we offer across our approved partner network which covers a further 100 jurisdictions. Our focus on bespoke corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services enables our clients to invest, grow and thrive anywhere in the world. Sitting at the heart of international business, our local, expert knowledge and innovative, proprietary technology combine to deliver a compelling proposition - all of which keeps our clients one step ahead.
By being the best at what we do, we empower businesses of all sizes, wherever they are in the world, to navigate the complexity of ever-changing rules and regulations. We support them to grow and accelerate the possible. We partner with them to transform and unleash the potential of their operating model by driving the efficiency, technology and insight needed to achieve a competitive edge. We deliver the power they need to succeed. That's why we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent in our industry and our talent strategy is centred on strong teams, platforms for growth and our values-driven culture.
Be empowered. Be Intertrust.
Intertrust's Compliance team oversees Intertrust Jersey's obligations to comply with regulatory and Group requirements. The Manager - MLCO role will assume responsibility for key person role of Money Laundering Compliance Officer and, in particular, will oversee the effectiveness of all AML/CFT systems, compliance with applicable AML/CFT legislation and the day-to-day operation of the AML/CFT policies and procedures. In addition, the role will be required to develop and maintain systems and controls (including documented policies and procedures) in line with evolving requirements.
Previous relevant experience is required, ideally working in a compliance or oversight function for a Jersey regulated financial services business.
• To take on the key person role of Money Laundering Compliance Officer and specifically to:
- Establish and maintain appropriate and consistent policies and procedures in order to prevent and detect money laundering or terrorist financing;
- Monitor for changes to relevant legislation, codes of practice or regulatory best practice guidance;
- Ensure local policies and procedures insofar as they relate to financial crime risk management comply with the higher of Intertrust Group policies and procedures and local legal and regulatory requirements;
- Supported as necessary by the compliance function, monitor compliance with and test effectiveness of local policies and procedures developed to prevent and detect money laundering and terrorist financing;
- Contribute to the reporting of management information and the submission to relevant internal and external stakeholders, including the service line boards of directors and Group Compliance; and
- Respond promptly to requests for information from the regulator or law enforcement agencies
• Arrange or assist in the development and delivery of training all staff on relevant policies and procedures to forestall and prevent financial crime, including economic and trade sanctions, record-keeping and customer due diligence requirements.
• Maintain various regulatory logs relating to the role including the PEPs and declined business register, and derogations from CDD/KYC procedure
• Administer, review, follow up, track and conclude daily screening output to a satisfactory conclusion, escalating where risk appears unacceptable or outside Intertrust’s risk appetite.
• Oversee visits by third party stakeholders undertaking AML/CFT risk assessments, including by those parties which seek to rely on Intertrust Jersey, and manage the regime by which Intertrust Jersey relies on third parties.
• Contribute to the annual business planning process by assisting the Director, Risk & Compliance, Jersey to develop and agree a compliance monitoring program which meets the needs of the business and addresses any areas specifically highlighted for compliance monitoring, including the development of a Compliance Risk Assessment, and to implement and track the same with specific reference to AML/CFT matters.
• Support the Director, Risk & Compliance, Jersey to engage in wider business projects from a Compliance perspective to ensure that regulatory and legal aspects are considered and implemented and to communicate the same within the Compliance team.
• Support the annual audit and internal audit processes.
• Ensure all allocated tasks are proactively managed to resolution.
• Be an expert in the allocated field of responsibility, being able to provide advice and technical input as required to both fee earners and operations staff.
• Deliver departmental projects to quality standards, deadlines and costs.
• Support any Intertrust Jersey boards, as applicable, in the maintenance of financial crime risk assessments.
• Attention to detail and ability to effectively prioritise work. Good organisational skills.
• Communicate openly and honestly with the business on a regular basis.
• Know your own limitations and ask for advice and assistance as appropriate.
• Act with integrity at all times.
People & Team
• Promote common compliance standards across Intertrust Jersey and service lines.
• Take care of and establish good relationships with all team and internal clients, offering guidance and development when required and assist in any training needs.
• Provide assistance and support to the Compliance team as and when required.
• Take care of and establish good relationships with all team and internal clients.
• Provide innovative ideas on how to improve the efficiencies of daily tasks.
Skills & Expertise
• Holding a relevant compliance-related qualification.
• Good time management and ability to work under pressure.
• Effective communicator.
• Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
• Ability to formulate, consider and select the most appropriate solutions.
• Able to use own initiative and be open minded.
• Experience working within a compliance function.
What we offer
• A challenging but very rewarding role
• Continued learning
• A chance to work in a diverse team of experts with entrepreneurial spirits
• A competitive package of salary and benefits
Please note this is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to perform additional reasonable
duties within this role.