Director Escrow & Settlements
Director Escrow & Settlements
Department: Escrow & Settlements team
Vacancy type: Permanent
As a Director Escrow & Settlements you will be focused on developing and maintaining a relevant and profitable network of professional advisors, acquiring escrow and settlement projects and drafting and writing of commercial proposals and contracts. You will communicate daily with M&A type lawyers, and senior bankers in Europe.
Escrow & Settlement offers escrow & settlement services to targets and clients of its direct intermediaries such as international clients and the international law firms in Europe and beyond. The team is responsible for servicing our target clients of Corporate Services and Capital markets of Intertrust Group and international Law & Accountancy firms with tailor made escrow and settlement solutions in the following markets:
- M&A market (market for company takeovers);
- Energy, Construction and Logistics;
- Banking Insurance and Finance Shipping & Transportation.
As our Director Escrow & Settlements you are responsible for the acquisition of clients and professional corporate intermediaries. You will establish and maintains external contacts with potential and existing international clients, financial intermediaries, lawyers and notaries and national and international (non-) governmental agencies. Your typical day will see you working on wide range of diverse and dynamic responsibilities, including:
- Analysing structuring requirements and legal documentation relating to the client and its counterparts in the structure, developments and the operation of the business;
- Identiying the respective risks and mitigating them in consultation with Operational Management;
- Providing business and legal advice to clients and making tailor made escrow proposals using all available in and external (legal) resources.
- Assessing the integrity and financial status of clients and, within assigned authority, deciding on whether or not escrow structures can be granted.
- Monitoring escrow portfolio and identifying (trends in) escrow developments both with regard to own escrow portfolio and product area as a whole;
- Advising (potential) clients and their professional legal advisers on the possibilities with respect to other relevant products and services of the bank, with the aim of providing an optimum service to the client and maximize income.
- University education, at least a degree in Law and/or Economics and of proven experience in drafting legal documentation and basic but relevant knowledge of corporate- and security law;
- More than 6 years work experience as lawyer / legal counsel in corporate banking/financial industry or with international law firm on the corporate financing & structuring;
- Knowledge of banking and escrow structures;
- Knowledge of international cash management processes;
- Knowledge of requirements of corporate lawyers and notaries advising corporate clients on risk mitigation in M&A and Project structures;
- Knowledge on legal escrow documentation in Dutch and English jurisdiction;
- A team player with a positive critical and pro-active attitude, a strong personality;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
About Intertrust Group
Intertrust Group is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. We have over 4,000 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle-East. Together as a team we deliver high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to our clients, with a view to building long-term relationships.
What we offer you
Working at Intertrust Group means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please click “Apply for this role” to submit your CV and optional cover letter. For more information about this position, please contact Shahrzad Abedini via Shahrzad.Abedini@intertrustgroup.com.