We are seeking a Senior Associate to join our Corporate/Regulatory department, a fast-paced and dynamic team with an ever increasing number of clients, requiring the successful candidate to engage with multiple matters simultaneously. The successful candidate will participate in business development activities and be required to promote the firm.
All Intertrust Law employees work diligently to forge relationships with clients and colleagues globally, involving a thorough understanding of the underlying business/service, economic drivers and market requirements.
As a Senior Associate, a key emphasis will be placed on the ability to effectively manage and provide guidance to junior attorneys and paralegals, developing their knowledge and practical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain client and colleague relationships
- Advise on and draft documents with respect to all corporate and regulatory matters
- Demonstrate a sustained record of revenue generation/profitability
- Manage costs appropriately and work in conjunction with our finance and billing team to manage the billing of client files
- Maintain precedents, develop know-how (internal and external) and provide internal training
- Mentor junior team members
- Attend marketing and business develop meetings
- Remain abreast of any legislative changes
- LLB (Hons) from a reputable tertiary institution;
- A minimum of 6-8 years PQE
- Solid experience from a leading law firm in Corporate and or Regulatory
- Ability to manage tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong drafting skills with effective critical analysis
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours as necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- Understanding of a corporate services provider preferred but not essential