Director Legal – Real Estate Solutions
Department: Fund Services – Real Estate Solutions
Vacancy type: Permanent
We are looking for a Director Legal to join our Real Estate Services (RES) team in our Amsterdam office. In this role you will collaborate closely with the Director Finance in leading the client team and budget, being accountable for the development of the team and the quality of (corporate) services provided to our clients.
As Director Legal you are accountable for compliance (Wtt and WWFT), legal good standing and annual revenues. It’s a diverse and dynamic position in which the aspects of leadership, clients, finance and risk & control are combined. Next to this you are responsible for managing a team of app. 14 (in)direct reports of existing of Team Manager Legal, and (sr.) Company Lawyers of different levels and the support staff. You will report into the Executive Director Funds – member of the management team.
• Look after team- and talent management, identify staff development needs, coaching and training of staff, ensuring a high-performance environment by providing opportunities for personal and professional development;
• Ensure the implementation of new services within the Client Team in close cooperation with the Products & Services Expert Centre;
• Construct an annual team plan and budget – together with the Director Finance and Finance Business Partner – and align individual objectives to team plan;
• Set challenging team targets and ensures regular feedback on team and individual performance to staff. Take pro-active measures in case performance deviates from plan;
• Produce, monitor and implement project plans in which objectives and actions are clearly defined;
• Establish and maintain close contacts with clients and business partners;
• Take on the role of director in the boards of client entities;
• Ensure top quality service delivery to clients and that client portfolios are adequately dealt with;
• Look after invoicing, review the time-writing of the Client Unit, client invoicing and invoice details of the team and settle (invoice) disputed with key clients;
• Ensure prioritization is agreed upon between the Legal and Financial colleagues in the team together with the Director Finance;
• Ensure to meet and manage ISAE 3402 requirements as well as regulatory reporting requirements, such as FATCA and DNB;
• Ensure that the Client Team acts in accordance with applicable rules & regulations, internal policies & procedures and adhere to Risk & Control-related KPIs at all levels;
• Ensure that the Client Team fully complies with the transaction monitoring policy and execute related checks and forms within the required time frame;
• Monitor quality and progress on all statutory required legal, tax and accounting reporting (e.g., Financial Statements, BFI/DNB, FATCA, CRS, CIT, VAT, EU, Mandatory Disclosure, GDPR,
etc.) by the Client Team and ensures that reporting deadlines for client entities within the Client Team are met.
• You have a master’s degree in Corporate, Civil or Tax Law;
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the legal, tax, accounting or corporate services industry or banking;
• Good knowledge in relation to fund (corporate) services, specific knowledge of regulatory requirements and changing fiscal landscape;
• Great leadership skills, with proven responsibility for managing teams and planning. Drive initiatives along, get results and ensures that key objectives are met;
• Strong motivator, able to enthuse and inspire others and facilitate successful goal accomplishments;
• Able to collaborate with different stakeholders at various levels within the organization;
• Team player with a can-do attitude and with a drive to continuously improve and not afraid to roll up the sleeves;
• Willingness to dive into the content and technical details of applications or processes;
• Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality; sets high standards of performance for self and others;
• Excellent communication skills, fluency in both Dutch and English speaking and writing;
• Able to act as a role model for the client team by demonstrating a high level of integrity and legal skills and knowledge.
About Intertrust Group
Intertrust Group is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. We have over 4,500 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle-East. Together as a team we deliver high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to our clients, with a view to building long-term relationships.
What we offer
Working at Intertrust Group means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company located at the amazing Edge West building at Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. Our HR team is well connected with one another but plays also a pivotal role within the company, appreciated and recognized as an experienced business partner. We offer a market competitive salary and benefits, in line with your qualifications and experience.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please apply directly via our career page with your cv and optional cover Letter. For more information about this position, please contact Shahrzad Abedini via Shahrzad.Abedini@intertrustgroup.com.Apply for this role