Data Business Analyst
The Data/ Business Analyst will contribute to the company’s continuing initiatives to improve internal business operations, data processes by execution of strategic initiatives maximising functionalities of IT applications. Specifically, the Data/Business Analyst will review, analyse, and evaluate business systems, relevant technologies, and business needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategy.
The Data/Business Analyst will independently drive enterprise-wide data and process analysis, to propose designs of future business processes and business cases. The role will be responsible for identifying opportunities for solutions to meet internal and external requirements. The Data/Business Analyst is expected to interpret the business needs of internal stakeholders and clients and translate them into the application and operational requirements with the help of strong analytical and product management skills. Additionally, the Data/Business Analyst will contribute to the continuous development of business and data analysis capabilities and tools. This will include defining and ensuring adherence to detailed procedures around data entry, change control, and ongoing maintenance.
This position will involve frequent interaction with Group IT, the business teams, Business Unit Directors, and Senior Management, on a wide range of operational issues.
1.Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the long-term business objectives and suggesting strategies to meet those objectives
- Assisting with the introduction of innovation to business process though technology
- Identify and assist with the implementation of initiatives to improve operational efficiency and alleviate redundancies
- Recognise and identify drivers of data corruption, areas where existing business services policies and procedures require change, have deficiencies or where new ones need to be develop, and make recommendations in these areas particularly with a focus on standardisation.
- Performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data
- Filter Data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct problems
- Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction
- Assigning numerical value to essential business functions so that business performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time.
- Analyzing local, national, and global trends that impact both the organization and the industry
- Preparing reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Working with programmers, business professionals, and management heads to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies.
- Preparing final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
- Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Removing corrupted data and fixing errors and related problems
- Developing and maintaining databases, data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Drive ongoing maintenance and integrity of data and applications, including:
- identifying gaps and analysing deficiencies in ViewPoint data entry through exception reporting
- assisting with the maintenance of LaserFiche document types
- reviewing and deleting or merging duplicate entries in Viewpoint and LaserFiche
- assisting with the maintenance of document templates stored within Viewpoint
- recognising areas where existing policies and procedures require change and where new policies, and procedures need to be developed
- making recommendations on policies and procedures with a view to standardising data entry
- To assist with projects and to exercise specific applications related functions as requested by Senior Management
2.Required knowledge and experience
Required level and content of education;
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or IT related field
- Recognized certification in Business and or Data Analysis if available.
Business competencies and experience required;
- 5+ years of experience working with and implementing databases and reporting solutions
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Business Analysis
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Program/Project Management
- History of working with large datasets
- Strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- Knowledge of database languages like SQL
- Technical proficiency regarding database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation.
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical packages like Excel, SPSS, SAS to be used for data set analysing
- Adept at using data processing platforms
- Knowledge of data visualization software like Power BI
- Knowledge of how to create and apply the most accurate algorithms to datasets in order to find solutions
- Adept at queries, writing reports, and making presentations
- Proven working experience in data analysis
- Commercially driven, to work in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, can work well both independently and in a team
- Focus on client service and delivery
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of relevant local regulations and best practices
Computer knowledge required;
- Knowledge of SQL database administration and implementation of Microsoft SQL Server technologies including SSMS, SSRS and SSIS
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA and XML
- Advanced proficiency in ViewPoint, Data Guardian is ideal