POSITION: Client Accountant - London
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Intertrust is a global leader in delivering fund and corporate services, capital market solutions, and private wealth solutions to multinationals, fund managers, financial institutions and business entrepreneurs worldwide. Intertrust employs 4,000 people in 41 offices across 30 countries, including the world’s key financial centres.
- We’re innovative – We welcome new ways of working. We embrace change and challenge, to do better. Thinking of the bigger picture, we spot new opportunities.
- We’re Responsive – We’re ambitious and proactive in our thinking. We anticipate change so we can stay ahead. In everything we do, we always go the extra mile.
- We’re Connected – We’re collaborative. We share knowledge and expertise to achieve the best results. Our aim is to build trust and relationships for the long-term.
- We’re Excellent – We’re driven to succeed. We support each other and our clients to achieve their goals. Each of us takes pride in delivering first-class results.
The Client Accountant will report to the Associate Director of UK Funds Services. The role is varied and will give the right candidate exposure to a wide range of tasks and clients in a fast-growing segment of Intertrust’s UK office. Clients include open and closed end funds and special purpose vehicles investing in private equity, real estate, venture capital, infrastructure and debt. The Client Accountant will participate in the preparation of some management accounts and annual financial statements but primarily will provide an oversight and review function of fund and special purpose vehicle (SPV) accounting prepared in our offshore Intertrust jurisdiction. The Client Accountant will also assist in ensuring that Financial Statements are prepared in accordance with IFRS or local GAAP, and that they are completed and filed within the contractual and statutory timeframes. The successful candidate will have a high degree of client interaction and will provide invaluable support in the development of the platform whilst ensuring client’s expectations are continually met. A qualified or partly qualified accountant with some solid experience within the Funds industry is essential. The candidate will be highly motivated and focused on helping build the Funds Services offering and display values consistent with the business.
- Co-ordination of client deliverables
- Oversight and review of fund and SPV accounting prepared in the offshore Intertrust jurisdiction
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts for special purpose vehicles and closed ended fund clients
- Assist in the preparation and review of annual financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS for special purpose companies and closed ended fund clients
- Managing the audit process and liaising with auditors
- Preparation of UK VAT and CIS returns
- Experience of consolidations, including subsidiaries reporting in foreign currencies would be beneficial
- Experience of preparing FCA regulated reporting (e.g. AIFMD, COREP, FSA001/002) would be beneficial
- Experience in a day to day client facing role is essential
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Required level and content of education:
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified, or partly qualified
Business competencies and experience required:
- The candidate will need to demonstrate the desire to provide excellent client service in the face of conflicting demands and tight reporting deadlines
- Time management, organisational ability, communication skills, diligence and accuracy of work are essential in this role
- The ability to work effectively as part of a combined onshore/offshore team
- The ability to be flexible, pro-active and able to prioritize in order to meet deadlines within the context of a demanding workload
- Desire to continuously improve and streamline processes to maximize efficiency and work smarter
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment that is subject to controls & procedures
- Funds experience essential
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international, growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.Apply for this role