DP Fund Risk Management
Senior Fund Risk Manager (DP Role subject to CBI approval)
Intertrust AIFM Ireland
Intertrust is a global leader in providing expert administrative services to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. The Company has more than 4,000 employees in Europe, the Americas, India, Asia and the Middle-East. Intertrust delivers high-quality, tailored corporate, fund, capital market and private wealth services to its clients, with a view to building long-term relationships. The Company works with global law firms and accountancy firms, multinational corporations, financial institutions, fund managers, high net worth individuals and family offices
Our office in Ireland was established in 2009 and has rapidly grown since then to a team of over 100 professionals engaged in the delivery of a comprehensive range of services which are uniquely tailored to client requirements.
In line with our rapid expansion and growth objectives, we are now looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join our AIFM Team. We offer third party AIFM services to EU, US and Asian based investment managers for illiquid, alternative assets.
The Senior Fund Risk Manager (DP for Fund Risk subject to the regulatory approval) reports directly to the Head of AIFM. The role provides senior management representation of the AIFM’s fund risk capabilities to our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders.
The person will lead and drive the strengthening of the fund risk management function. This role works closely with the other Designated Person functions and the AIFM team to ensure coordination among support functions and across asset classes on common issues such as risk, investments and compliance. The Senior Fund Risk Manager will serve as the key escalation point for fund risk issues that arise, on all matters that could have an adverse impact on the AIFM, its clients and its relationships with regulators.
In addition, the Senior Fund Risk Manager will represent our fund risk management capabilities to the regulator, the Central Bank of Ireland as well other stakeholders. He/she will be a key contributor for regulatory consultation and or implementation primarily on issues that impact the AIFM fund risk management process. This role will have responsibilities for our adherence to regulatory and legislative requirements such as CP86.
Client Relationship Management
The Senior Fund Risk Manager will be responsible for the relationship management of a portfolio of client companies in conjunction with AIFM team members: he/she will manage and grow excellent relations with existing clients.
Contributor to Business and Strategy Development
The Senior Fund Risk Manager will support business development and strategy development for the AIFM, representing our fund risk management capabilities to clients, business partners and the wider Intertrust Group.
As Senior Fund Risk Manager (Designated Person), you will be responsible for a wide range of activities:
- Contribute to ongoing development and implementation of the arrangements, processes and techniques for identifying, measuring, managing and monitoring market, liquidity, credit and counterparty risks
- Contribute to the development of an effective and efficient risk-reporting infrastructure
- Responsible for the production of management information for the board which allows the board to conduct appropriate monitoring of the work of the designated person on a regular basis.
- Agree appropriate reporting thresholds with the board and identify key performance indicators which trigger immediate escalation from delegates and designated persons to the board.
- Identify, measure, manage and monitor all risks relevant to each AIF’s investment strategy.
- Maintain and update the risk management policy and risk management framework, which identifies all the risks to which AIFs it manages may be exposed.
- Work with managers and other fund parties to conduct periodic back-tests of risk measurement arrangements and conduct periodic stress tests and scenario analyses of risks arising from changes in market conditions.
- Establish and maintain procedures that, in the event of breaches of the risk limits of an AIF, result in remedial actions in the best interest of investors.
- Ensure that the risk profile of an AIF corresponds to the size, portfolio structure and investment strategies of the AIF it manages.
- Monitor and calculate leverage exposure of AIFs using the gross method and commitment method.
- Assist with the monitoring, interpretation and analysis of existing and prospective legislation, guidance or regulations which may impact on the AIFM’s business and/or clients;
- Support the commercial strategy of the AIFM;
- Assist with the management of projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion; and
- Support the business in responding to client needs on an ongoing basis.
Required Knowledge and Experience
We are looking for individuals who have:
- 10 years industry experience in a similar role, ideally with previous DP status
- Preferably degree level with relevant recognized qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CFA), or equivalent years-served in industry
- Post-qualification experience in the alternatives fund industries
- Thorough understanding of investment processes and controls, the transaction lifecycle and key control frameworks
- Familiarity with different investment strategies and operational set-ups employed
- Expertise in fund valuation, reporting and administrative requirements
- Experience in identifying and managing risks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent report writing and communication
- Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Dynamic, smart, hard-working and self-starter
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English