Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
Department: Group Internal Audit
Vacancy type: Permanent
We are looking for an Operational Auditor to join our dynamic and experienced Internal Audit team. As Operational Auditor at Intertrust Group you will play a vital role as the trusted advisor for our internal clients globally and have the chance to further develop and grow your career.
In this role you will be part of the globally operating Group Internal Audit team which currently consists of four auditors. We are looking for 2 colleagues to further strengthen the function. The broad (and growing) audit universe and increasing stakeholder demands offer interesting opportunities for both development and input.
Since Internal Audit is an independent department within the organization, there is a dual reporting line to the Group CFO as well as the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board. Internal Audit functions as the “third line of defence” of the organization.
Within Internal Audit, our mission is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of Intertrust Group globally. To fulfil its independent role and achieve its mission, Internal Audit follows the professional standards of the IIA.
As a Senior Operational Auditor, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform operational audit assignments on processes (and sometimes projects and systems) within the Intertrust activities Corporate Services, Fund Management, Capital Markets and Private Wealth. These activities are located globally across 30 jurisdictions and audited on-site or remotely from audit hubs in The Netherlands or Luxembourg;
- Write audit findings and recommendations in a draft report;
- Perform engagements and reporting in cooperation with the other team members;
- Monitor the status of follow-up on recommendations actions of reports;
- Liaise and cooperate with professionals in the Intertrust service lines;
- Bringing back complex matters to the core issue, detect the root cause and convert observations in clear to the point written recommendations.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Accounting, Economics or similar;
- At least 6 years of auditing experience, preferably in an external audit firm or within the financial services industry;
- Proven knowledge both in the field of Audit as well in the services of Intertrust;
- Self-starter, who also enjoys being part of a team, and is capable of independently conducting and managing audits;
- Analytical skills, capable of identifying and assessing major risks and root causes and affinity with automated tools for data analysis;
- Stakeholder management skills, positive critical, able to professionally communicate verbally and in writing with auditees and management and to act as trusted advisor (not as a police officer);
- Fluent in English, verbally and in writing;
- Willing to travel for audits in other countries (estimation 2-5 times per year for maximum 2-week periods).
About Intertrust Group
Intertrust Group is a global leader in providing tech-enabled corporate and fund solutions to clients operating and investing in the international business environment. We have over 4,000 employees across 30 jurisdictions in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle-East. Together as a team we deliver high-quality, tailored fund, corporate, capital market and private wealth services to our clients, with a view to building long-term relationships.
What we offer you
Working at Intertrust means entering a dynamic, international and growth-oriented company. We provide you with outstanding opportunities for your professional and personal development through our local and global Intertrust Academies. Our International Mobility program enables talented employees to gain working experience abroad. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
Apply for this role
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please click “Apply for this role” to submit your CV and optional cover letter.