Senior Compliance Manager
Department: Risk and Compliance, Intertrust Germany
Vacancy type: Permanent
The Senior Compliance Manager reports to the Regional Director Risk & Compliance. The role will have the responsibility of Managing the Company’s Risk & Compliance function. The Senior Compliance Manager will be required to undertake detailed monitoring of the Company’s activities, operate and update the Annual Compliance Plan, Compliance Risk Assessment and AML/Business Risk Assessment. This is an advisory role to the business functions responsible for carrying out services and activities and assist them in complying with the Company’s legal and regulatory obligations.
- Defining and developing the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan underpinned by the Compliance Risk Assessment and identifying and reporting on areas of improvement. Ensure that the CMP delivers insight into trends and root cause.
- Evaluating (new) clients and their business activities to assess compliance risk, providing advice and guidance in the client acceptance process and representing the Risk and Compliance function at the Acceptance Committee.
- Developing, implementing and managing the Company’s compliance policies and procedures. Reviewing Group policies to ensure they are compliant with local legislation.
- Monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s measures, policies and procedures and the actions taken to address any deficiencies in the Company’s compliance with its obligations.
- Ensuring consistent and accurate Risk & Compliance reports setting out key risks are produced for the Management Team and the Group Risk Oversight Committee and that key areas of emerging or developing risk are identified and reported as necessary.
- Maintaining the regulatory registers (e.g. Complaints, Errors & Breaches logs.)
- Reviewing and assessing compliance breaches, escalate as necessary and work with the Company to remediate and resolve any identified issues.
- Carrying out sample checks of periodic client file reviews.
- Collaborating with external regulatory authorities when needed and act as main point of contact for onsite visits.
- Being familiar with and keeping up to date with all statutory and regulatory requirements and relevant guidance applicable to the industry and report to Management and to Group Risk & Compliance on any legal and regulatory developments which may have a material impact on the Company.
- Working with peers globally on Group projects for the improvement of the Risk & Compliance function.
- Developing a risk and compliance training plan for the German office, if required.
- Addressing employee concerns or questions on risk & compliance matters.
- 3-5 years in a compliance capacity at Officer or Manager level
- Experience in Financial services or professional services
- Have a relevant degree or other third level qualification
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Adaptability with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure towards deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with very strong written skills
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Excellent business acumen
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable saying ‘no’
- Self-starter approach
- Ability to take ownership of tasks.