The Corporate Administrator will have the responsibility to assist the corporate services team on project-based work. This project based work will rely on the candidate having a good general knowledge base of both Client Due Diligence (CDD) / Know Your Client (KYC) regulations and best practises within the Cayman Islands (the “Islands”). Additionally, and as important, a good understanding of the legal structure of registered entities within the Islands is key. This role will see the Corporate Administrator work within a project team, reporting to a manager.
Each Corporate Administrator will be tasked with deliverables surrounding the review and maintenance of the corporate services team’s portfolio of clients. This review will be based on the collection, reviewing, requesting, and obtaining, and finalising CDD and KYC for our clients. This will include client facing communications as well as the updating and maintenance of excel sheets which track and measure progress on collections to the team manager. The manager will in turn report to senior management within the Corporates Services team.
- Provide expertise on CDD and KYC criteria and documentation for all types of legal entities within the Cayman Islands.
- Understand when the above listed CDD and KYC provided by our clients is inadequate and requires further update and/or whether either simplified due diligence or enhanced due diligence is applicable.
- Use Excel to track progress and follow ups with clients on outstanding CDD & KYC where necessary.
- Track CDD and KYC received and pass on to the relevant manager.
- Understand legal entity structures within the Cayman Islands: Exempted Companies, LLCs, General Partners and Limited Partners etc. Be able to differentiate between a Director, Shareholder and Ultimate Beneficial Owner.
- Follow up with local business teams and clients (as directed) on missing requirements to facilitate collection and updating of system records.
- Process and file all correspondence received by clients, intermediaries, and external service providers into our electronic document management system (Laserfiche).
- Maintain full communication with all clients, intermediaries, and external service providers as to progress on all project deliverables.
- Assisting the Manager with maintaining and updating the client database with updated information, client contacts, advising the Manager to any deficiencies in the information currently stored is advantageous.
Do you have what our clients want?
- 1-2 years relevant compliance and/or corporate administration experience.
- Understanding of corporate structures and relevant local regulations and best practices.
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Experience communicating with clients via email and telephone where necessary.
- Experience using the following systems is advantageous:
- o World Check o Google Checks o CAP
- o CORIS
- o ViewPoint
- o Laserfiche
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Cal to Action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
If this position interests you, please apply directly via the ‘apply’ button., providing us with your CV.Apply for this role