Talent Acquisition Partner - Channel Islands
As part of CSC’s global talent acquisition team, you work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders to find and select talented to people to join our company. This position requires a high degree of teamwork, tenacity, agility, service orientation, as well as genuine care and curiosity for others. In support of hiring people across Europe, you may fill positions in Digital Brand Services, Fund Management, Global Subsidiary Management, Corporate and Legal Service, and others. Consider this position if you’re an experienced recruiter looking to work for a company that's growing and where you make a difference.
Partner with our hiring managers to find the best and needed talent for our business. This includes but is not limited to:
- Conduct intake discussions with hiring managers to qualify details of positions. Develop a deep knowledge of our business and services
- Manage a full-cycle recruiting process for entry-level through senior-level positions across different businesses throughout our European footprint
- Leverage available resources to establish a sourcing strategy and actively source talent in the market
- Take a proactive approach to building relationships with potential candidates in order to reduce time to hire
- Engage in diversity outreach recruitment efforts
- Work well with internal and external customers to create positive outcomes.
- Focus on providing a great candidate experience at every opportunity.
- Coordinate with the Recruitment Support team on background checks, global mobility and on-boarding processes.
- Be part of an amazing and valued team to bring the best talent to CSC.
- Provide responsive and face to face contact and support to the business
- Ensure training rooms are booked and set up for the training courses, with all materials required
- Full cycle recruitment experience. Experience working at pace with deadlines and executing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail orientation, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated success using skills related to teamwork, tenacity, agility, and service orientation to deliver a high level of service
- Motivated by team and individual goals.
- Proficiency with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) such as Oracle, Taleo, or similar software
- Agency recruitment experience
- Bilingual or multilingual communication skills
About Intertrust Group, a CSC Company
We are the premier global business, legal, and financial services company providing knowledge-based solutions to clients worldwide. We have locations and capabilities in more than 140 jurisdictions in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East, with more than 7,500 employees. We are the business behind business®.
What we offer you
Working with us means entering a dynamic, international, and growth-oriented company. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We’re committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Intertrust Group, a CSC company, is an equal opportunity employer.
- Intertrust Group is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people
- We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Many positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please click “Apply for this role” to submit your CV and optional cover letter. For more information about this position, please contact Louise Carter via email@example.com.
Intertrust Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. Intertrust Group complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.Apply for this role