Team Legal Manager - Belgium
The Team Manager Legal Services works under supervision of the Managing Director and is responsible for the legal, corporate and administrative affairs relating to client services in the business unit Belgium. The Manager is tasked with meeting the objectives for the particular business unit (4 FTE) and manages the budget and KPIs. The Manager has the day to day legal team lead and supports the team to continuously meet customers’ expectations, to optimize the work processes and to maintain close contacts with client relations.
• Provides input to the Managing Director to help constructing an annual team plan and budget, and is responsible for execution of the team plan, in order to contribute to the realization of organizational objectives;
• Meets regularly with the team to discuss target/budget realization and identify (potential) problem areas, discusses possible solutions and encourages and motivates staff;
• Organizes the annual appraisal, target setting and promotion process for the team in close cooperation with the Managing Director and Human Resources department. Conducts the appraisals and target settings for the entire team;
• Identifies development needs in the team, and discusses in close cooperation with the Managing Director and the Human Resources Department, any action to be taken, including providing training, mentoring, feedback and recognition, draft developments plans etc. if relevant.
• Maintains and grows excellent relations with existing clients, business partners and relevant colleagues across the board, resulting in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and business partners;
• (Proactive) Communicates and coordinates with clients as well as all internal and external parties;
• Manages more complex client questions, commercial requests, new services & products, terms & conditions.
• Identifies and pro-actively acts on (cross) sell opportunities and retention risks, alerts to the Managing Director, proposes and executes corrective & commercial action;
• Analyses competitors and relevant (service) developments and trends in markets and in fiscal, legal and financial areas, taking into account the commercial interests of Intertrust, so as to identify and initiate product/service improvement possibilities and signal and report commercial market opportunities;
• Provides input for the yearly sales plan as well as for internal policies and procedures, formats and pricing policy, in order to ensure market competitiveness;
• Contacts (potential) clients and advisors to acquire new/additional business.
• Is responsible for the general legal and financial/fiscal aspects of the companies under management in his/her team;
• Is responsible for the in time delivery and quality of services agreements, ancillary documents, annual accounts & tax returns of client portfolio of his/her team.
• Responsible for proper handling of corporate and financial transactions of (new) clients, including incorporation, liquidation migration, closing etc.
• Is responsible (in cooperation with compliance department) for correct handling of all compliance issues in own team;
• Is responsible for the periodic review of all client files of own team to ensure ongoing compliance;
• Identifies and discusses operational/commercial barriers in compliance procedures and possibilities for improvement while ensuring ongoing compliance.
• Oversees impact of revenue own team and portfolio on office results, alerts issues and changes with consequences for team and/or office budget realization;
• Analyses and explains financial team reports with own team and discusses possible operational/commercial improvements.
• Is responsible for timely invoicing and collection of clients and/or client companies;
• Manages the time writing in own team on a timely basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and proper invoicing;
• Coaches and instructs team members on effective time writing, in order to minimize write offs and maximize billable hours.
• Takes on the roles of Director/Manager in the boards of client companies under his/her management.
• Manages the optimal use of available systems (Laserfiche, Viewpoint, SAP, Office) in line with the procedures, in order to ensure efficiency;
• Identifies and reports possibilities to improve system use and design in order to improve operational efficiency.
• Master degree, legal – corporate / tax law ;
• Min 8 years corporate services or otherwise relevant professional experience;
• Experienced (min 2 years) Manager, proven successful in coaching, motivating and developing team members;
• Experienced with people management, professional client communication, networking, internal stakeholders
• Fluent in Dutch, English and French, both verbally and in writing
• Up to date relevant international corporate services market knowledge: market conditions, competitors, client base, products trends and changing legislation;
• Knowledge of of international tax law, local law and international company law (holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint ventures, liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate transactions), their economic rationale and their consequences for the clients; Ability to explain the range of corporate services activities to a knowledgeable audience;
• Understanding key drivers behind corporate services activities on commercial & operational success;
• Understands office stakeholders, incentives and decision making process within local organisation.
About Intertrust Group, a CSC Company
We are the premier global business, legal, and financial services company providing knowledge-based solutions to clients worldwide. We have locations and capabilities in more than 140 jurisdictions in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East, with more than 7,500 employees. We are the business behind business®.
What we offer you
Working with us means entering a dynamic, international, and growth-oriented company. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We’re committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Intertrust Group, a CSC company, is an equal opportunity employer.
• Intertrust Group is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people.
• We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Many positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please click “Apply for this role” to submit your CV and optional cover letter. For more information about this position, please contact Naomi Thomas via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intertrust Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. Intertrust Group complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.Apply for this role